Skip to main content

As You Long For Happiness

copyright(c)2019 Daneille Gray Snowden
2019

As You Long For Happiness
from Daneille Gray Snowden

LIFE ... how we approach each new day, circumstance, relationship; just any venture seems to have all one common denominator: Pursuing happiness!

We get up in the morning, and for me - I want to get my tasty cup of coffee and start my day with Jesus. I then plan my schedule and my thoughts long for happiness, with all I do. 

Let me clarify; happiness for me is fulfillment. Fulfilling what I believe God has created me to be. 

What if though, those plans flop? What if it seems to take your entire life and in your minds eye view; ya never accomplish that purpose or purposes you believe God had for you?

How about beginning another amazing new chapter in your life; one you waited years for;  only to see it change dramatically?!?!

Simple questions that truly is the sustenance of our hearts! I love looking into people's eyes; for they are the windows to the soul. I  don't care who they are; a young woman at the store, a waitress, a coworker and a family member; I can see if they are beaming with happiness or their spirits are in distress. In the Bible this is called discernment. 

When I study them; my spirit seems to get filled up from the Throne of God and this love bubbles up and I connect with them. 

Lately, I find myself one of those people; needing to figure out so much. 
All my life; I have felt the Call of God to minister His Love all over the world. It became who I was.

I married after college; we went into the pastoral ministry for 31 years. We went to some places in my own heart I would have never wanted to go or stay. Yet, God brought people into our lives who will forever be a part of who I am today. 

Tonight, as I sat on the front porch of this beautiful home in the country; a soft summer breeze blew on my face as I stared at the tall trees and blue sky. 
God knew my heart was heavy with so many things happening to our family and myself. 

I just shook my head with bewilderment. The sweet Holy Spirit spoke ever so gently to my spirit. 

Who am I to be so honored on how He shows His love to me?!
It was simple; he reminded me of the truths of life. Of what fulfillment really is and how He designed life to be lived out.

Ya know folks; we got it all wrong. We base our life on destinations. On accomplishments and events.  Even though these things do come around, we don't sit there do we? We keep moving on; walking through life.

"In that path"; the Lord said, "is where I called you. The path, the journey, the little moments that add up to all our lives." We feel like we have failed when we don't get somewhere fast enough. Or we let others down because we were not there, or made mistakes. That is not how we are to measure life, fulfillment and HAPPINESS. 

The Lord said; "every day - these moments when you take the time to look up to ME, to read my word and wait in my presence. This is happiness; being still and knowing ME. 
Also, being still and listening to another share their hearts, or being still, peering into their souls."

I personally; seemingly have hit some road blocks getting somewhere I believed I was suppose to be. Yet, these blockades were beyond my control; and are definitely in the Hands of the all powerful God I serve. 

God has told me; "I knew where you would be. More importantly; I knew how your heart would hurt. I know the turns of your life and you are feeling the years surmounting deep within. 

This is where I want you; because it draws you even deeper within me. As you are drawn deeper within me; then others are drawn to me. This my dear child is where that TRUE FULFILLMENT of life you long for. This shall birth that joy and profound happiness as this revelation comes to light."

I hope this revelation has touched you dear reader; I hope it reconstructs your own heart as you long for happiness. This is where it lays...enjoy the journey. Love others, worship God and walk ever so meticulously ready to reach out to others who need His Love. 

~Daneille
  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES

7 FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES Out of desperation creativity is birthed. I hope to add on to this post through the years. Churches love to give to dad's on Father's Day; sometimes this can be redundant and or expensive. A few short years ago we stepped out of the Evangelistic & Pioneer work to take a small church that is just great and out of the box. So, of course budget is minimal and I am 'it' when it comes to holiday decor and gifting ideas & doing them. The 4 gifts that my family and I put together are as follows:                       POPCORN/CANDY/MOVIE  We placed microwave popcorn, candy bar and a special Father's Day poem inside a popcorn bag.  FRAMED ART FROM LOCAL ARTIST/MINISTER  (Rev. Paul Gray)  MADE THIS INTO A FRAME & ADDED A PEN.                                             MINI GIFTS WRAPPED IN A HANKIE Pocket knife, Voice of the Martyrs Pendant  & candy! Al

LET US TRUST THE PROCESS OF PRUNING

Did you ever read this verse in John 15:2 and think, "that's extreme, can't we just hold onto these extra branches that grew once and bore amazing, fruit?" I have definitely !   Then life happens! In that life, we make a decision to dig deeper in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Yet, as we do, we face obstacles (or that's what we called them) that challenged us to trust Jesus to do what He wills in our lives.  I believe this place is a milestone in the timeline of our lives. Will we continue to walk ever so close to the Lord, realizing as we do, He will prune us? Will we desire to be producers of His fruit and life flow through us? Many of us realize that this means more obstacles, cuts, bleeding, times of dormancy and simple hurt.  This is when the milestone comes; will we accept this pruning and be fruitful or just become branches that become brittle, and ragged?  A lot of questions to ponder, but I feel God wants to use each and everyone of His children in o

Thank You For Asking

(c)Daneille Gray Snowden 2022 Today, I was deeply touched in my heart when a dear friend asked how my husband was. I did not mention it first, out of the blue; she asked about something dear to my heart. This wasn't the first time as she has  asked about different matters in my life several times. May I tell you how that made me feel? It made me feel cared for, loved and set back how someone cares intensely about me and my life. How often do you personally experience such care and interest from others? And, as I ask myself this too; how often do we reach out and ask others how they are? When people as a whole reach out in such a way, we see the creation power of God as hearts are connected to one another and a strong foundation is beginning to be built for a lasting relationship.  I love it when I hear conversations in church  or in my home when I  listen to their questions of wanting to learn of others situations, experiences, needs and even joys. The questioner is totally focused