Skip to main content

FIGHTING WITH THE WEAPON OF ADORATION TO GOD


c

FIGHTING WITH THE WEAPON:
SHOWING ADORATION TO OUR GOD
by Daneille Gray Snowden 
How to deal with feelings of anxiety? How do I  FIGHT the powerful onslaught of the enemy?
How to have peace in the face of the darkest of storms? 
I will tell you...it's simple:
 adoration towards our God!

WHAT???? You may be asking? "C'mon; we're talking slam-bam/ big time anxiety here!" Yes, I agree with ya; sounds too good to be that easy. But, it is!

Back-ground: I have been slammed with some hard things in my life; really difficult...yet, the Lord sheltered me and I was just fine. It wasn't easy, there were hurts and hardship; but glory to God, I was blessed.

This passed year, we lived where witchcraft/healers were a major part of the culture. Even in some of the churches. We would hear the drums of the witch doctors playing near our home. In addition there were other difficult situations that 'set me back.'  Also, my daughter was hit with incredible pain suddenly, then later I was attacked with some serious health issues. 
The biggest fight was spiritual attacks through ones that it shouldn't come from. 

SPIRITUAL WARFARE!  How to fight when you are exhausted, hurt to the core, and feeling alone? 

Ya just praise the Lord! Lifting up the banner of praise! Declaring the Name above all Names; that He is the great King! Pouring out our love to the One Who Loves us most!


"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

The other night, the oppression came down strong. The enemy was pouring into me lies that made since. The joy of life was being sucked out. 

Then the sweet Holy Spirit came in and simply whispered: "Remember what you learned about adoring your Lord!"

Here is what I learned:
One of the definitions of worship is adoration toward our God
We adore Him with our songs, money, actions and service
Here is the kicker:
Adore God with our thoughts too!

What do I mean by this? As we are constantly thinking; may we be 'in-tune' ringing a sweet-tune to our Father God. 🎝🎝🎝
As the negative thoughts come; as the words that someone said start to replay, our thoughts of worry of 'what-if's' come and so much more, our response is to:
CAST THEM DOWN AND START ADORING GOD FOR WHO HE IS!


Example:  Exodus 15:1-2

"Then Moses and the sons of Israel sang this song to the LORD,
 and said, "I will sing to the LORD, for He is highly exalted; 
The horse and its rider He has hurled into the sea. 
"The LORD is my strength and song, And He has become 
my salvation; This is my God, and I will praise Him; My
 father's God, and I will extol Him."
Psalm 103:1 "Bless the LORD, O my soul, And all that is within me, bless His holy name." And remember all His benefits.
"This is what adoration looks like. We’re to “praise” or “bless” his name, andwe’re to remember all of His benefits and blessings."Chip Ingram


                       70 Prompts for Adoring God (click)




The definitions of adorationto worship or honor
regard with loving admiration and devotion.

As we 'honor' we basically do this with our mental and
 emotional aspects of our nature.

When the Holy Spirit empowers us by  filling our souls
as well as our minds with the Word of God; we attain 
knowledge of Who our God is in every way!
In time, we shall witness that adoration will come more
often and easily. 

As I said before; we must-TRAIN OUR MINDS...i.e. our thought
process.
-TRAIN OUR EMOTIONS...which stems from our thought
life. How we decide how we are going to 'feel' about a matter that
stirring up in our lives. 
Truly, we are training a HABIT of adoration (of praise). 

More peace will flow like a sweet stream. More laughter will bubble
forth like a fountain. 
Ps. 36:9 "For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light."

Remember that old chorus;
Spring Up Old Well
I've got a river of life flowing out of me
Makes the lame to walk and the blind to see,
Opens prison doors, sets the captives free.
I've got a river of life flowing out of me.
Spring up, O well, within my soul.
Spring up, O well, and make me whole
Spring up, O well, and give to me
That life abundantly

I truly hold true to this weapon to fight anxiety and the enemies 
battle against us.
I also know that anxiety at times can stem from physical issues
too. 
I believe the Lord will give us true discernment as we seek 
Him first on these matters in our lives. 
His way is life; He has given us many promises and a great 
Hope as we follow Him. 
copyright(c)2020 Daneille Gray Snowden
2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES

7 FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES Out of desperation creativity is birthed. I hope to add on to this post through the years. Churches love to give to dad's on Father's Day; sometimes this can be redundant and or expensive. A few short years ago we stepped out of the Evangelistic & Pioneer work to take a small church that is just great and out of the box. So, of course budget is minimal and I am 'it' when it comes to holiday decor and gifting ideas & doing them. The 4 gifts that my family and I put together are as follows:                       POPCORN/CANDY/MOVIE  We placed microwave popcorn, candy bar and a special Father's Day poem inside a popcorn bag.  FRAMED ART FROM LOCAL ARTIST/MINISTER  (Rev. Paul Gray)  MADE THIS INTO A FRAME & ADDED A PEN.                                             MINI GIFTS WRAPPED IN A HANKIE Pocket knife, Voice of the Martyrs Pendant  & candy! Al

LET US TRUST THE PROCESS OF PRUNING

Did you ever read this verse in John 15:2 and think, "that's extreme, can't we just hold onto these extra branches that grew once and bore amazing, fruit?" I have definitely !   Then life happens! In that life, we make a decision to dig deeper in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Yet, as we do, we face obstacles (or that's what we called them) that challenged us to trust Jesus to do what He wills in our lives.  I believe this place is a milestone in the timeline of our lives. Will we continue to walk ever so close to the Lord, realizing as we do, He will prune us? Will we desire to be producers of His fruit and life flow through us? Many of us realize that this means more obstacles, cuts, bleeding, times of dormancy and simple hurt.  This is when the milestone comes; will we accept this pruning and be fruitful or just become branches that become brittle, and ragged?  A lot of questions to ponder, but I feel God wants to use each and everyone of His children in o

Thank You For Asking

(c)Daneille Gray Snowden 2022 Today, I was deeply touched in my heart when a dear friend asked how my husband was. I did not mention it first, out of the blue; she asked about something dear to my heart. This wasn't the first time as she has  asked about different matters in my life several times. May I tell you how that made me feel? It made me feel cared for, loved and set back how someone cares intensely about me and my life. How often do you personally experience such care and interest from others? And, as I ask myself this too; how often do we reach out and ask others how they are? When people as a whole reach out in such a way, we see the creation power of God as hearts are connected to one another and a strong foundation is beginning to be built for a lasting relationship.  I love it when I hear conversations in church  or in my home when I  listen to their questions of wanting to learn of others situations, experiences, needs and even joys. The questioner is totally focused