Skip to main content

MY TROPHY


MY TROPHY
By Daneille Gray Snowden
Awards  -  Accolades  -  Praises plus Attention From Others....
It occurred to me recently, how many walk through life without a blue ribbon on their wall. Or possibly a trophy on their mantles. 
My hero husband has several awards from when he was in cross country, 4-H and then the military. My son is a 'decorated' Navy Petty Officer. 
Awards!
When someone is being honored perhaps after their death; what do you read or hear? You hear of all the awards, and achievements they accomplished. 
I personally wasn't in 4-H, or was big into sports too. I did go to college and graduated, and became one of the first ordained woman in my district I served. I do not own a medal or trophy, but I do have 3 beautiful children who all serve Jesus. 
What is my award? Do I want praises? No, of course not. 

Are awards how we measure who we are? 

I think of the Apostle Paul when he wrote; "I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Phil. 3:14

'The prize of the CALL of God!' 
Basically, one day we all will be at the same place, at  God's Judgement Seat. Those who had many accolades along with many who lived in the poorest of villages, yet were amazing soul winners in their own place. 
All of us the same. 
Our prize is completing God's Call upon our lives. 
We all are called to love one another, to Go and tell the world about a Savior that loves them, we're called to worship our God. 
We keep doing those things, no matter how fancy or plain it may look. How it at times may be 'in front' of many, or in a lonely shack as we tell others about Jesus. 

I PRESS TOWARDS THIS MARK! If it's simply to a neighbor, a waitress or our own family; we complete God's Love in this world that needs it oh so badly. 

This mark; heaven...in the presence of our Lord and King! Oh what joy this will be when we cross that finish line. 

My mother next to me the bride in the dark hair and blue dress. 
Tonight, I am remembering my sweet, humble mama. She came to Jesus at age 15. From that point on she knew God had a call upon her life. She was preaching at 16 years old and didn't stop. She was known in the churches my parents pastored as one of the best Bible teachers they ever heard. 
My parents didn't have much. Mama was very, very ill with congestive heart failure. 
But, she kept on...even in the hospital rooms as we would walk in seeing her holding a nurses hand praying with her. This was a common occurrence.
Mom didn't have much in the worlds sense of success when she passed away; but she pressed toward that mark. She ran 'her' race perfectly. 
She was 54 years and 8 months when I was administering CPR hearing her take her last breaths and even smiling. {FOR SHE SAW JESUS!}
I am now 54 years and 8 months too! 
I think of my mama and wonder, am I pressing on...is my goal toward the MARK...souls? 
Will I be found faithful till the end?
I want to take many to glory with me. I may not be leaving an inheritance as far as a home, or tons of money for my kids. But, oh I pray they will see that my biggest trophy is: GOD'S LOVE THROUGH ME. 

It's what I have to give, and that will be what I run with and even leave for the next generation to come. 

What about you? Will you run this race with me too? Don't get all wrapped up in things, and all the accolades...let's just GO forward and 'PRESS TOWARD THE MARK OF THE HIGH CALLING OF GOD!'
copyright(c)2020 Daneille Gray Snowden
2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES

7 FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES Out of desperation creativity is birthed. I hope to add on to this post through the years. Churches love to give to dad's on Father's Day; sometimes this can be redundant and or expensive. A few short years ago we stepped out of the Evangelistic & Pioneer work to take a small church that is just great and out of the box. So, of course budget is minimal and I am 'it' when it comes to holiday decor and gifting ideas & doing them. The 4 gifts that my family and I put together are as follows:                       POPCORN/CANDY/MOVIE  We placed microwave popcorn, candy bar and a special Father's Day poem inside a popcorn bag.  FRAMED ART FROM LOCAL ARTIST/MINISTER  (Rev. Paul Gray)  MADE THIS INTO A FRAME & ADDED A PEN.                                             MINI GIFTS WRAPPED IN A HANKIE Pocket knife, Voice of the Martyrs Pendant  & candy! Al

LET US TRUST THE PROCESS OF PRUNING

Did you ever read this verse in John 15:2 and think, "that's extreme, can't we just hold onto these extra branches that grew once and bore amazing, fruit?" I have definitely !   Then life happens! In that life, we make a decision to dig deeper in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Yet, as we do, we face obstacles (or that's what we called them) that challenged us to trust Jesus to do what He wills in our lives.  I believe this place is a milestone in the timeline of our lives. Will we continue to walk ever so close to the Lord, realizing as we do, He will prune us? Will we desire to be producers of His fruit and life flow through us? Many of us realize that this means more obstacles, cuts, bleeding, times of dormancy and simple hurt.  This is when the milestone comes; will we accept this pruning and be fruitful or just become branches that become brittle, and ragged?  A lot of questions to ponder, but I feel God wants to use each and everyone of His children in o

Thank You For Asking

(c)Daneille Gray Snowden 2022 Today, I was deeply touched in my heart when a dear friend asked how my husband was. I did not mention it first, out of the blue; she asked about something dear to my heart. This wasn't the first time as she has  asked about different matters in my life several times. May I tell you how that made me feel? It made me feel cared for, loved and set back how someone cares intensely about me and my life. How often do you personally experience such care and interest from others? And, as I ask myself this too; how often do we reach out and ask others how they are? When people as a whole reach out in such a way, we see the creation power of God as hearts are connected to one another and a strong foundation is beginning to be built for a lasting relationship.  I love it when I hear conversations in church  or in my home when I  listen to their questions of wanting to learn of others situations, experiences, needs and even joys. The questioner is totally focused