Skip to main content

BE PREPARED


(c)Daneille Gray Snowden 2020

2020

BE PREPARED 

by Daneille Gray Snowden

The Lord has been burning in my spirit for us to be prepared! People prepare daily for different reasons; we defrost our frozen meats for dinner, iron our clothes for special meetings, place money into savings, and plan for our vacations. 

Yet, the Lord is speaking to our eternal souls; it's time to get ready! One definition of ready is 'to be completely prepared or in fit condition for immediate action or use.' 


I can tell you right now, if someone said it's time for you to get-fit for a big marathon; I know that
I have a whole lot of work involving a great deal of discomfort, discipline and stamina. I  confess; that in this area of physical challenges; I just do not have the desire whatsoever. I apologize to all my athletic friends. 

Unfortunately, there are ones who feel like I do about marathons, as they are not willing to surrender their lives to Jesus, and live out His purpose and plan for their lives. They likely believe it's just too much work, discomfort and discipline. This is so sad; for the experience of walking out this life purpose is empowering, and even freeing. Jesus says; "My yoke is easy and my burden is light..." (Matt. 11:30)

TO ALL WHO ARE SERVING GOD; BE PREPARED!

WAKE UP CHURCH!  - 


"Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed."  Rom.13:11

Why be ready? Why prepare?

"Therefore, you [who follow Me] must also be ready; because the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not expect Him." Matt. 24:44  [The Passion Translation: "So always be ready, alert, and prepared..."]

We have been 'rocked-to-sleep' in our ease. But, now there is rustling to awaken and be alert!

The Lord gave me two words:  PREPARE  &   BRACE.

To PREPARE; is to 'MAKE READY' beforehand...for a purpose!

'Work-out' the details....wow: there goes a word that correlates to a physical working-out! Whew!

My mind thinks how when one prepares for marathons, they do stretches, run daily, and apply even strengthening exercises. All for one purpose; to be strong and prepared to run a marathon. 

We have many details to 'WORK-OUT' in our personal lives as well as in our families, plus churches. 

Prepare in the Greek is Katariza which means COMPLETE, fit together, perfect, in good working order, equipped and (here we go again) FULLY TRAINED!

The prefix for prepare: PRE means: before, prior.

And the second part; PARE means means to PARE, TRIM, CUT OFF. 

In the Latin PARE is; 'to bring forth!'

Reading the definitions above gives us a clearer understanding on how we are to prepare for the END TIMES, and the Lord's return to call His Children home. 


When we prepare a garden, we must break up the ground, exposing the unwanted roots and rocks we must remove. In preparation; our foundations must be broken. The Lord is doing that as this world is being shaken in almost every way. It has affected greatly most facets of our lives. Many of us 'feel' uncomfortable; my question is:

 'What are we going to do about it?'

My mind goes back to the difficulties our family has faced; sickness, poverty, failures and hurts. As I moved through this life; I have found those difficulties only broke open my fallow ground for God to implant His seed of life within. "For this our light and transitory burden of suffering is achieving for us a weight of glory." (2 Cor. 4:17)


To Brace oneself is to prepare for something that is imminent. When hurricanes come, people brace up their structures to withstand the storms. 

"There is a storm-a-brewin"; as the old timers would say; "I can  feel it in my bones!" 

I say to you; THERE IS INDEED A STORM BREWING! I feel it in my soul, the Holy Spirit is bearing witness to this; as many men and woman of God are being stirred to seek the Lord, and send out the warning to all who  will hear and listen. 

 "Therefore, you [who follow Me] must also be ready; because the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not expect Him." Matt. 24:44 BE READY!

 'But keep alert at all times [be attentive and ready], praying that you may have the strength and ability [to be found worthy and] to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand in the presence of the Son of Man [at His coming].” Lu. 21:36

Here in Luke; we find we must be prepared; FIT so we can have the  strength and ability to be found not only worthy, but escape. By escape we mean we are promised an amazing future in eternity with our great King and Lord; Jesus Christ. 

NOTE: As far as 'feeling-the-affects' of calamitous times; the children of Israel felt it for awhile as the plagues came upon that region. Yet, God delivered them as they prepared themselves according to God's instructions. [Exodus 11-12] 

In Revelations, we read about the wrath that will occur upon this earth. As people are defiant to God's instructions on how to live the  life He created them for; hearts are hardened, sin has multiplied and this will be what shakes open the wrath to come. Our God has been so patient waiting for many to come to repentance so they can live with Him in eternity. 

Do you know that there shall be 21 judgements happen in the Last Days? Thankfully, the Lord gave us warnings to adhere to so we can be PREPARED to run this race well!

Read about the SIGNS OF THE END TIMES: MATTHEW 24 / LUKE 21 

BE PREPARED:

Luke 21:34-36

 “But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap. 35 For it will come upon all who dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

Song: I Wished We'd All Been Ready






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES

7 FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES Out of desperation creativity is birthed. I hope to add on to this post through the years. Churches love to give to dad's on Father's Day; sometimes this can be redundant and or expensive. A few short years ago we stepped out of the Evangelistic & Pioneer work to take a small church that is just great and out of the box. So, of course budget is minimal and I am 'it' when it comes to holiday decor and gifting ideas & doing them. The 4 gifts that my family and I put together are as follows:                       POPCORN/CANDY/MOVIE  We placed microwave popcorn, candy bar and a special Father's Day poem inside a popcorn bag.  FRAMED ART FROM LOCAL ARTIST/MINISTER  (Rev. Paul Gray)  MADE THIS INTO A FRAME & ADDED A PEN.                                             MINI GIFTS WRAPPED IN A HANKIE Pocket knife, Voice of the Martyrs Pendant  & candy! Al

LET US TRUST THE PROCESS OF PRUNING

Did you ever read this verse in John 15:2 and think, "that's extreme, can't we just hold onto these extra branches that grew once and bore amazing, fruit?" I have definitely !   Then life happens! In that life, we make a decision to dig deeper in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Yet, as we do, we face obstacles (or that's what we called them) that challenged us to trust Jesus to do what He wills in our lives.  I believe this place is a milestone in the timeline of our lives. Will we continue to walk ever so close to the Lord, realizing as we do, He will prune us? Will we desire to be producers of His fruit and life flow through us? Many of us realize that this means more obstacles, cuts, bleeding, times of dormancy and simple hurt.  This is when the milestone comes; will we accept this pruning and be fruitful or just become branches that become brittle, and ragged?  A lot of questions to ponder, but I feel God wants to use each and everyone of His children in o

Thank You For Asking

(c)Daneille Gray Snowden 2022 Today, I was deeply touched in my heart when a dear friend asked how my husband was. I did not mention it first, out of the blue; she asked about something dear to my heart. This wasn't the first time as she has  asked about different matters in my life several times. May I tell you how that made me feel? It made me feel cared for, loved and set back how someone cares intensely about me and my life. How often do you personally experience such care and interest from others? And, as I ask myself this too; how often do we reach out and ask others how they are? When people as a whole reach out in such a way, we see the creation power of God as hearts are connected to one another and a strong foundation is beginning to be built for a lasting relationship.  I love it when I hear conversations in church  or in my home when I  listen to their questions of wanting to learn of others situations, experiences, needs and even joys. The questioner is totally focused