Skip to main content

ENGAGE IN PRAYER

 Daneille Gray Snowden(c) 2021

2021

We are called to

ENGAGE IN PRAYER 


Allow me to first share a quote from Sheila (an amazing godly lady who is my mentor) who said:
“A BREAKTHROUGH IS COMING!!”
Yes! In Jesus Name I do agree!

In these quite challenging times; we must have our focus on the war that is happening intensely, right here and now! 
If you are like me, then you are at a place wanting to be used by God to touch and change lives. Naturally, we all are doers thus, wanting to fix, nurture and help wherever we can. 
The Apostle Paul wrote the book of Ephesians when he was a prisoner in Rome. Likely, he was guarded by Roman solders, and in chains; possibly, ISOLATED from his friends, family, and his church! 
During this time, his heart was God's; so much so that he focused on people, by teaching them how to successfully live and fight as a Christian. 
Why do I say successfully? Ephesus later on is known as a Christian city, and is spoken about in Revelations 2:1-7. 
They learned how to fight!

General Patton once said:
"Training relinquishes fear!"  
In chapter 6 of Ephesians, we are all being trained on how to fight!
Pastor Chuck Ingrim has done an excellent study on this topic; by dividing the latter part of Ephesians 6 into four different tactical prayers. 

Ephesians 6:18-20
 With all prayer and petition pray [with specific requests] at all times [on every occasion and in every season] in the Spirit, and with this in view, stay alert with all perseverance and petition [interceding in prayer] for all [a]God’s people. 19 And pray for me, that words may be given to me when I open my mouth, to proclaim boldly the mystery of the good news [of salvation], 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. And pray that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly and courageously, as I should.


TACTICAL PRAYERS
1.) Consistent Prayer- this happens as we are in 'Deep Seasons with God!'
2.) Praying in the Spirit- this is intense prayer! Releasing what we 'think' we aught to pray, and pray as led by the Spirit. [We in the Pentecostal realm, praying in the Spirit is praying in tongues (a holy language). It is powerful!] 
3.) Alert Prayer- this is constantly being aware of God's Presence and Power, filled with and walking by His Spirit.
Elizabeth Elliot wrote:
"Prayer is the opposite of leisure; it is TO BE ENGAGED IN!"
                        4.) Strategic Prayer- This prayer is 'point-blank.' It is opportunistic! 

To engage means
to obtain a contract to employ or offer your life to back a cause
to entrap in a snare
to interlock (mesh)
to enter in to a battle, a conflict; committed to a supportive cause 

As a brother and sister in Christ, we must pray for one another as we pray for those who are all battling on many 'fronts' as God's Children. For example: Praying for those in the medical field, others who work in factories and schools, mail carriers, and more.
And of course praying for those who are SPEAKING THE WORD OF GOD in their life ministry. 

Much is being discussed about unity. True unity is when we AGREE! Our objective is to be agreeing the Word of God together, keeping this our focus and not our selfish desires. 
The scripture declares: 
Matt. 18:19 "Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven."
AS WE AGREE WE DO SO: NOW, TOGETHER AND ON EARTH! 
v.20 says that when we gather in His Name- HE IS THERE!

I have written more about prayer than I have anything else. The power that comes when we ENGAGE in those 'Deep Seasons with God' is life altering. 
Clearer vision comes into view for our lives!
There is a quote that says; 
"Fresh vision chases away depression!"
I can't begin to express to you how true this is! We can see clearly! The purpose God has for us comes to light!
When we intercede for others and even ourselves; we are aligned in the military of God's Chosen Army by defeating the darkness! 

Now is the time to spend much time in prayer. Apply the 4 tactical prayers listed. 
We will begin to walk in a new life of powerful purpose!

~Daneille 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES

7 FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES Out of desperation creativity is birthed. I hope to add on to this post through the years. Churches love to give to dad's on Father's Day; sometimes this can be redundant and or expensive. A few short years ago we stepped out of the Evangelistic & Pioneer work to take a small church that is just great and out of the box. So, of course budget is minimal and I am 'it' when it comes to holiday decor and gifting ideas & doing them. The 4 gifts that my family and I put together are as follows:                       POPCORN/CANDY/MOVIE  We placed microwave popcorn, candy bar and a special Father's Day poem inside a popcorn bag.  FRAMED ART FROM LOCAL ARTIST/MINISTER  (Rev. Paul Gray)  MADE THIS INTO A FRAME & ADDED A PEN.                                             MINI GIFTS WRAPPED IN A HANKIE Pocket knife, Voice of the Martyrs Pendant  & candy! Al

LET US TRUST THE PROCESS OF PRUNING

Did you ever read this verse in John 15:2 and think, "that's extreme, can't we just hold onto these extra branches that grew once and bore amazing, fruit?" I have definitely !   Then life happens! In that life, we make a decision to dig deeper in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Yet, as we do, we face obstacles (or that's what we called them) that challenged us to trust Jesus to do what He wills in our lives.  I believe this place is a milestone in the timeline of our lives. Will we continue to walk ever so close to the Lord, realizing as we do, He will prune us? Will we desire to be producers of His fruit and life flow through us? Many of us realize that this means more obstacles, cuts, bleeding, times of dormancy and simple hurt.  This is when the milestone comes; will we accept this pruning and be fruitful or just become branches that become brittle, and ragged?  A lot of questions to ponder, but I feel God wants to use each and everyone of His children in o

Thank You For Asking

(c)Daneille Gray Snowden 2022 Today, I was deeply touched in my heart when a dear friend asked how my husband was. I did not mention it first, out of the blue; she asked about something dear to my heart. This wasn't the first time as she has  asked about different matters in my life several times. May I tell you how that made me feel? It made me feel cared for, loved and set back how someone cares intensely about me and my life. How often do you personally experience such care and interest from others? And, as I ask myself this too; how often do we reach out and ask others how they are? When people as a whole reach out in such a way, we see the creation power of God as hearts are connected to one another and a strong foundation is beginning to be built for a lasting relationship.  I love it when I hear conversations in church  or in my home when I  listen to their questions of wanting to learn of others situations, experiences, needs and even joys. The questioner is totally focused