Skip to main content

DAD: A UNIVERSAL WORD

Daneille with her daddy-Rev. Paul F. Gray
  
No kidding! Dad is a true universal word used all over the world! Who is to blame?  Babies! It is one of the very first words (some say sounds) that babel out of the mouth of a little nipper. Easiest for their tiny chops to form; eventually the word; dad came to be what we use for father.
Toddler Felecia Mary Snowden with Daddy.
  The word for our Heavenly Father God; is more than just universal; but omnipresent (everywhere), omniscient (all knowing) and of course all powerful. Father to those who have called Him God and His Son Jesus as Savior. In 1670-80, the word dad was considered an euphemism for God (substituting a mild, indirect, or vague term). Simply put= Daddy is in a child's life to lead them in all what he does and says to the Heavenly Father.


Newborn Nathan Paul Snowden w/daddy.
   Considering that da-da (dad) is used all over this world; common sense (not sure if that exist in abundance too much anymore) would say a father (dad) is the norm God had planned within a family; for the entire human race. Yet,  "the United States leads the world in fatherless families,Alisa Burns and Cath Scott, Mother-Headed Families and Why They Have Increased (Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum and Associates, 1994), p. xiii."   "Roughly 24 million children (or 34 percent of all kids in the United States) living in homes where the father does not reside."  (Jim Daley) http://www.focusonthefamily.com/about_us/profiles/jim_daly/messages/200601-the-fatherless-family.aspx  
Tabby & Daddy on one Easter Morn.
  Can you remember when each of your children said; "Da da?" I can recall how my husband, Brad 'lit-up' hearing it. We were blessed being full time in the pastorate, where da da was around the kiddos for a great amount of the time. Security was never an issue! Their daddy was and for the most part still is around to provide, protect and love.  I in turn grew up the same way most of my childhood. I cannot remember when my dad was never there for me. Thank God! I know how blessed I was, I also know today how it helped formed me into what I am today for my own children and others.     
  Brad and I do get compliments about our children. Their behavior, sweet spirit and how obedient and helpful they are. I must attribute a great deal of this to the fact they have a wonderful, godly father. The kids see his many strengths and his weaknesses, making them love him all the more. One thing that is vital in their lives and was in mine was the fact that no matter how bad we were, how hard we didn't work - daddy still loved us!   
Daneille's Wedding Day
Daddy not only gave her away but
performed the wedding.
  The Bible tells us in the commandments in Exodus 20:12 "Honor your father and mother for the days shall be long upon the land God has given you." [First commandment with a promise] The Dictionary defines the word “honor” in the following way: “to regard or treat with honor or respect; to confer honor on.”    Let us just dive a bit deeper and get the hard core facts on what our Father God was instructing us all to do as He carved these laws on stone.   
  This Hebrew word is complex; quite difficult for us to re evaluate in our minute minds. The Hebrew dictionary says it means “to be heavy, be weighty, be grievous, be hard, be rich, be honorable, be glorious, be burdensome, be honoured.” I like how this author compared the term; "Like a huge boulder in the road, it is something we must make allowance for; Like a heavy weight, it is pressing upon our thoughts; Like something glorious, we have a sense of awe or reverence for the person or thing." (Ole Suit) [http://olsuit.wordpress.com/2009/04/12/the-meaning-of-honor/ 
Handsome daddy counselling
daughter. (Daneille)
Felecia Mary's Dedication
Grandpa dedicating and father
Brad cherishing. 
  I want to honor my darling husband who was raised by some pretty amazing parents (Ned & Mary Snowden) and my father Rev. Paul F. Gray. It is like a heavy weight that is pressing on my thoughts that does fill my heart with a "sense of awe" and of course reverence. All I have experienced in my own life is sacrifice from these men. Both could have been famous, rich and well known in the fields of their expertise. But, they 'fell in love' with their Saviour (Jesus) and  forsook all to follow Him. In so doing, they (Brad and my dad) took us all along a path that has been quite adventurous, fun (sometimes), sad and very educational. I honor YOU! I love you and I thank you. May God fill you and all Father's who have taken this path of serving Christ and as you do serving your family; I bid you all; God's Blessings! 
 
He deserves a break today!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES

7 FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES Out of desperation creativity is birthed. I hope to add on to this post through the years. Churches love to give to dad's on Father's Day; sometimes this can be redundant and or expensive. A few short years ago we stepped out of the Evangelistic & Pioneer work to take a small church that is just great and out of the box. So, of course budget is minimal and I am 'it' when it comes to holiday decor and gifting ideas & doing them. The 4 gifts that my family and I put together are as follows:                       POPCORN/CANDY/MOVIE  We placed microwave popcorn, candy bar and a special Father's Day poem inside a popcorn bag.  FRAMED ART FROM LOCAL ARTIST/MINISTER  (Rev. Paul Gray)  MADE THIS INTO A FRAME & ADDED A PEN.                                             MINI GIFTS WRAPPED IN A HANKIE Pocket knife, Voice of the Martyrs Pendant  & candy! Al

LET US TRUST THE PROCESS OF PRUNING

Did you ever read this verse in John 15:2 and think, "that's extreme, can't we just hold onto these extra branches that grew once and bore amazing, fruit?" I have definitely !   Then life happens! In that life, we make a decision to dig deeper in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Yet, as we do, we face obstacles (or that's what we called them) that challenged us to trust Jesus to do what He wills in our lives.  I believe this place is a milestone in the timeline of our lives. Will we continue to walk ever so close to the Lord, realizing as we do, He will prune us? Will we desire to be producers of His fruit and life flow through us? Many of us realize that this means more obstacles, cuts, bleeding, times of dormancy and simple hurt.  This is when the milestone comes; will we accept this pruning and be fruitful or just become branches that become brittle, and ragged?  A lot of questions to ponder, but I feel God wants to use each and everyone of His children in o

Thank You For Asking

(c)Daneille Gray Snowden 2022 Today, I was deeply touched in my heart when a dear friend asked how my husband was. I did not mention it first, out of the blue; she asked about something dear to my heart. This wasn't the first time as she has  asked about different matters in my life several times. May I tell you how that made me feel? It made me feel cared for, loved and set back how someone cares intensely about me and my life. How often do you personally experience such care and interest from others? And, as I ask myself this too; how often do we reach out and ask others how they are? When people as a whole reach out in such a way, we see the creation power of God as hearts are connected to one another and a strong foundation is beginning to be built for a lasting relationship.  I love it when I hear conversations in church  or in my home when I  listen to their questions of wanting to learn of others situations, experiences, needs and even joys. The questioner is totally focused