Skip to main content

LOOKING UP in the Midst of the Storm [Overcoming]


My husband Brad and I have been married for over 24 years now. Saying that makes me feel like I should be knitting and rocking in my chair. Yet, we have been enriched with a God-Centered marriage, so much that when all around is whirling; we can assuredly affirm that hymn: 'On Christ the Solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand."
Being Pastors the Lord has taken us to a good number of places to minister. We started off in the inner city of Indianapolis, IN. Here we were able to bring hope to the homeless, drug dealers, gang members and our favorite-the children. God led us to Pastor in Texas, North Carolina and Illinois. For His glory, we have had the honor to lay our hands on the sick and they were healed. Prayed the sinners prayer to many who were lost and counsel those who were heading to divorce. God has been so good to us.
Yet, when the Lord is doing His work in and through His children, then the enemy seems to want to have his part in the picture too. ATTACKS come, and they can be quite painful and wearisome.
Our family made a trip to the headquarters of Voice of the Martyrs last Spring (2011). In July, we committed and started training to become Area Directors for VOM in Illinois, plus start our own non for profit missions organization.
The very month we started, my husband was 'HIT' - he felt as if he was having a heart a tack. He was hospitalized for a few days where they found nothing wrong.
This  reoccurred again in September; but this time the cardiologist was convinced Brad had lymphoma. But, he didn't. Then they found a spot on his brain...he had all the symptoms of a cerebral hemorrhage. But, he didn't have that.
Then he was rushed by ambulance to another city a few hours away, the cardiologist at the large hospital was convinced he was having a blockage. Thus, they performed a catheterization and found a strong heart.
Then the Lord led a sweet couple to have him see a Lymes Doctor. This doctor, who is a Christian & a home schooler was who God used to finally diagnose my husband. The diagnoses is (DRUM ROLL PLEASE)- Lymes & Babesia (co-disease to lymes).
He suffers with: Breathlessness, Migraines (24/7), Joint pains, nausea, and weakness. He is quite ill and unable to work.
His work in carpentry & roofing was our only source of income.
Incredible isn't it?
Yet, God has paid every bill, kept food on our table, gas in our van and even blessed us with extras.
God takes care of His children. He meets every need in His time.
I love the story of George Muller; he NEVER asked for money; he just prayed to God. He had thousands of orphans who were the best fed, educated and dressed in the entire vicinity.
We pray and do truly rest in Him. 
Because the Lord has led us to start down different paths of ministry opportunities the attacks have come. Yet, we are assured- God will take care of us.
We are still working on our training, getting the paper work in motion for the missions organization & Pastoring a little church. Brad is still quite ill and struggles. We have no income coming in; but believing God for the ravens to be sent in His Way and time.
I shared this with you as I know my friend you must be facing some difficult trials yourself.
Look up, that is my slogan----HE ALONE IS OUR STRENGTH, OUR HOPE AND SOURCE. None else!
Psalms 62:5-8: "My soul, wait only upon God and silently submit to Him; for my hope and expectation are from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense and my fortress; I shall not be moved. With God rests my salvation and my glory; my rock of unyielding strength and impenetrable hardness, and my refuge is in God! Trust, lean on, rely on and have confidence in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him. God is a refuge for us---a fortress and a high tower. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!

Comments

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I prayed for you this week. As I was praying for you, I prayed that you would have the faith of George Mueller. That you would see Him provide for you as you prayed. :) I love to see God leading his people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God Kelly and the Lord had me read this comment tonight to remind me of His Promises. Glory!

      Delete
  2. Thankyou for sharing, and for continuing to encourage others, even while you and your family are going through great trials of your own. God will bless you, I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are all in the 'family' together. You have stuff you are going through too. We pray and hold one another up in special ways. God is faithful!

      Delete
  3. Will continue to lift ur family up..for some reason I no longer can see the mom account....lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your heart here:







[PLEASE no spamers, I ask for respect to not leave your link to a site here. TY!]

Popular posts from this blog

FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES

7 FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES Out of desperation creativity is birthed. I hope to add on to this post through the years. Churches love to give to dad's on Father's Day; sometimes this can be redundant and or expensive. A few short years ago we stepped out of the Evangelistic & Pioneer work to take a small church that is just great and out of the box. So, of course budget is minimal and I am 'it' when it comes to holiday decor and gifting ideas & doing them. The 4 gifts that my family and I put together are as follows:                       POPCORN/CANDY/MOVIE  We placed microwave popcorn, candy bar and a special Father's Day poem inside a popcorn bag.  FRAMED ART FROM LOCAL ARTIST/MINISTER  (Rev. Paul Gray)  MADE THIS INTO A FRAME & ADDED A PEN.                                             MINI GIFTS WRAPPED IN A HANKIE Pocket knife, Voice of the Martyrs Pendant  & candy! Al

LET US TRUST THE PROCESS OF PRUNING

Did you ever read this verse in John 15:2 and think, "that's extreme, can't we just hold onto these extra branches that grew once and bore amazing, fruit?" I have definitely !   Then life happens! In that life, we make a decision to dig deeper in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Yet, as we do, we face obstacles (or that's what we called them) that challenged us to trust Jesus to do what He wills in our lives.  I believe this place is a milestone in the timeline of our lives. Will we continue to walk ever so close to the Lord, realizing as we do, He will prune us? Will we desire to be producers of His fruit and life flow through us? Many of us realize that this means more obstacles, cuts, bleeding, times of dormancy and simple hurt.  This is when the milestone comes; will we accept this pruning and be fruitful or just become branches that become brittle, and ragged?  A lot of questions to ponder, but I feel God wants to use each and everyone of His children in o

Thank You For Asking

(c)Daneille Gray Snowden 2022 Today, I was deeply touched in my heart when a dear friend asked how my husband was. I did not mention it first, out of the blue; she asked about something dear to my heart. This wasn't the first time as she has  asked about different matters in my life several times. May I tell you how that made me feel? It made me feel cared for, loved and set back how someone cares intensely about me and my life. How often do you personally experience such care and interest from others? And, as I ask myself this too; how often do we reach out and ask others how they are? When people as a whole reach out in such a way, we see the creation power of God as hearts are connected to one another and a strong foundation is beginning to be built for a lasting relationship.  I love it when I hear conversations in church  or in my home when I  listen to their questions of wanting to learn of others situations, experiences, needs and even joys. The questioner is totally focused