Skip to main content

Shadow of Death

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death.... ." Yea! Or is it YAAAA! Absolutely not is it? We never choose to go through the darkest times of our lives. Yet, they come: we all will face trials such as loneliness, financial hardship, physical ailments and death. Yet, look a bit closer at Ps. 23:4: first of all he says he is WALKING, not rolling! That's good! Then he says he is walking THROUGH---not over or around or hey, even under. Nope; it's right on through. There is no mention of a choice in the matter that David was facing either. Wouldn't that be cool? Just tell the Lord; "Naw, don't think I will do this one Lord...I think I will just chill over here by the pool side and wade it all out!" Now, look at the next three words; "SHADOW of death." Remember I Corinthians 15:55: "O death, where is thy sting? O grave where is thy victory?"  It's just a shadow, can shadows come out and grab us? Can they take our souls and cast them into an eternity of true darkness? No way! 
We will walk through! How is that possible? The thing is, we feel like we are walking alone through the darkness of the night. The author wrote; He will not be afraid simply because he is completely aware GOD IS WITH HIM! 
 David knew God was still there and he poetically used allegorical symbolism of a shepherd accompanied with his Rod and Staff. Another words, not a powder puff and a chocolate bar! A Rod and a Staff is most definitely not what we would choose? Presently, my choice has been the Mediterranean; yet the Shepherd of my soul bids me otherwise.  The Rod was used for branding/marking the Shepherd's sheep, distinguishing them from all others. So, when we are marked-we see Him...we and other's know WE ARE HIS! The Rod was also used to separate us from other sheep. We are chosen to walk THROUGH eerie  shadows, yet; as we do, our loving Lord raises His staff of Love, yanking us out of eminent danger! 
Where are you right now? Have you walked through the shadow? Are you anticipating a shadow soon? Are you, as I am right now--walking through the midst of it? My strength is My Lord's and not mine. As I am facing true dark nights...I know He is with me. He is with you too. It's ok to stop and just cry...the Lord says He hears our cries; II Sam. 22:7: "In my distress, I called upon the Lord; and cried to my God: and He did hear my voice out of His Temple [IN HIS PRESENCE] , 
AND MY CRY DID ENTER HIS EARS!" 
I love that old song: It Will Be Worth It All! It will, the souls we touch in this valley; the saints that see Jesus in us as the shadow of death is cast on us. It's worth it! We will get through this Valley and when we do; oh what a glorious day that will be!   
If you need prayer; leave a comment. You also can find us on face book. We would be honored to pray with you.


Comments

  1. Love this blog Daneille it is so encouraging!! I am praying for u as you are going through ur valley God is going to bring your family out victorious on the other side Praise God!!! Pray for me as fear overcomes me at times....thank u!!! God Bless u abundantly!! Thank u for being such a wonderful blessing to me & so many others!!! Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Father, I lift up Lori! Draw her closer and closer to You. Cause her to not only hear Your heart beat but feel it as it says Lori I love You. Take the fears all away and fill her with peace and power. We give You all the praise. ~Amen

      Delete
  2. Good post. God is using you through this valley you are in. YOU belong to Him, and others CAN see it! Thankyou for being such a good example and testimony of how our Lord leads us through the difficult times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also wanted to thank you for being a faithful example of what it means to walk with Jesus. Each time you speak, you speak of His faithfulness, His nearness and His sufficiency! Thank you for encouraging us as you walk! God, please continue to bless this family as they go deep with you through this season in their lives. Thank you for being faithful to them, Lord! Hugs to you, Daneille!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen!! Is it not wonderful how that no matter how dark that valley may become , Jesus is always there to guide us through ?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Roy! Always ....always there. Sometimes we get our eyes so fixated on us...we must be FIXED on Him.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your heart here:







[PLEASE no spamers, I ask for respect to not leave your link to a site here. TY!]

Popular posts from this blog

FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES

7 FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES Out of desperation creativity is birthed. I hope to add on to this post through the years. Churches love to give to dad's on Father's Day; sometimes this can be redundant and or expensive. A few short years ago we stepped out of the Evangelistic & Pioneer work to take a small church that is just great and out of the box. So, of course budget is minimal and I am 'it' when it comes to holiday decor and gifting ideas & doing them. The 4 gifts that my family and I put together are as follows:                       POPCORN/CANDY/MOVIE  We placed microwave popcorn, candy bar and a special Father's Day poem inside a popcorn bag.  FRAMED ART FROM LOCAL ARTIST/MINISTER  (Rev. Paul Gray)  MADE THIS INTO A FRAME & ADDED A PEN.                                             MINI GIFTS WRAPPED IN A HANKIE Pocket knife, Voice of the Martyrs Pendant  & candy! Al

LET US TRUST THE PROCESS OF PRUNING

Did you ever read this verse in John 15:2 and think, "that's extreme, can't we just hold onto these extra branches that grew once and bore amazing, fruit?" I have definitely !   Then life happens! In that life, we make a decision to dig deeper in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Yet, as we do, we face obstacles (or that's what we called them) that challenged us to trust Jesus to do what He wills in our lives.  I believe this place is a milestone in the timeline of our lives. Will we continue to walk ever so close to the Lord, realizing as we do, He will prune us? Will we desire to be producers of His fruit and life flow through us? Many of us realize that this means more obstacles, cuts, bleeding, times of dormancy and simple hurt.  This is when the milestone comes; will we accept this pruning and be fruitful or just become branches that become brittle, and ragged?  A lot of questions to ponder, but I feel God wants to use each and everyone of His children in o

Thank You For Asking

(c)Daneille Gray Snowden 2022 Today, I was deeply touched in my heart when a dear friend asked how my husband was. I did not mention it first, out of the blue; she asked about something dear to my heart. This wasn't the first time as she has  asked about different matters in my life several times. May I tell you how that made me feel? It made me feel cared for, loved and set back how someone cares intensely about me and my life. How often do you personally experience such care and interest from others? And, as I ask myself this too; how often do we reach out and ask others how they are? When people as a whole reach out in such a way, we see the creation power of God as hearts are connected to one another and a strong foundation is beginning to be built for a lasting relationship.  I love it when I hear conversations in church  or in my home when I  listen to their questions of wanting to learn of others situations, experiences, needs and even joys. The questioner is totally focused