Skip to main content

God's Plan of Suffering

God's Plan of Suffering 
by Daneille Gray Snowden 
 I do not know one person, who in their personal lives are not facing some type of suffering. All of us will grieve, many of us have been and yes will be ill in one type or form. All of us will be emotionally hurt by others. Lastly, we will experience exhaustion to the point of being burned out.
  In my life, God enriched me, by living in a very godly atmosphere.  I was then, and still am surrounded by His Love and Presence to the point I find myself greatly humbled. 
  Growing up in the ministry I was avowed the opportunity to learn more about my God by traveling down unique roads that pastors, and most ministers do take. We would be in homes where people were suffering from loss, abuse, illness, poverty and family struggles. We kids were blessed being there when our parents would pray through with these particular individuals seeing lives transformed.
  BUT....this made the enemy of our God quite angry. Thus the battles began in countless forms. He is evil and wants to destroy the children of God! If He can get us to question God's Word and His Love by using the instrument of suffering then he has done his job! As a child I was sexually abused by my step grandfather, my mother was seriously ill (and eventually died in my arms), people were quite cruel to my family, we suffered poverty, and discouragement. YET...we experienced countless miracles, and was filled with great joy and peace within our hearts. Of course, being confident in our hope for eternity, assured knowing that one day we will hear God's Voice say; "Well done!" 
  In my adult life, my family and I have had such amazing and vast experiences. We have not only traveled through out this country but lived from one side to another. Experiencing some really fun and enlightening things. We love to go down memory lane together. Again; the more God would use us the more intense the attacks on our lives became. Increasing to a place where total exhaustion has wore us out. My husband's health is serious as he is still a father of children in the home. I must admit, I have come to the place of total bewilderment, exhaustion, burn-out, hurt, dismay, ending up at  very low place. Not realizing that this is a good place. "WHAT? Daneille, did you really say suffering is a good place? Are you nuts?" Well, I can say that I am peculiar but not crazy. I recently just heard a minister talk about the 'lowest place'. Being at that low place where we are no longer in control, so low that God's Presence (flowing as a river) just flows all over us. This is a good thing!
  I had been writing articles on suffering last year: when someone, who really did write to me in love, but not in true understanding of godly suffering; really 'blasted' me on writing about this subject matter. Their scriptural support came from the 'Word of Faith' belief system. Just simply stating that my parents must  must have enjoyed suffering, and as well as ourselves. At the end of her letter she simply stated: this is why we were still suffering. I promise you, my family and I do not take pleasure seeing my husband seriously ill. Yet, we rejoice in our sufferings! [Rom. 5:3]
   My daughter and I have been talking about this a lot lately. She has grown so mature for her age in her spiritual walk. Her understanding of the scriptures, and her godly character all have revealed to me this has been a priceless growing experience. She and I were sharing on how some avoid really talking to us in deep conversations; the Holy Spirit revealed that it's simply a 'lack' of understanding regarding 'SUFFERING'. People usually avoid what they do not understand.
   So, I want to do something a bit unique for me. I want to share with you from a book regarding this subject. The first book being:  'Don't Waste Your Sorrows' by Paul Billheimer. If you are going through a difficult trial. Please know that you are not alone. First, Jesus is right there and 2nd, there are many brothers and sisters who are suffering as well. Just stay the course. Draw even closer to the One Who Loves You Best- JESUS. 
Now...read on and try to purchase this book if you can. [Click on highlighted link.]  
Preface:  [Quotes & Notes]
     "Suffering is a prerequisite for overcoming." [Rev. 3:21]
    "God ...designed that SUFFERING, which is consequence of the fall, shall produce the CHARACTER and DISPOSITION, the compassionate spirit which will be required for rulership in a government where THE LAW OF LOVE IS SUPREME."
    "Because tribulation is necessary for the decentralization's of self and the development of deep dimensions of agape love, this love can be developed only in the school of suffering."
    "...show why the greatest saints are the greatest sufferers."
    "...deep dimensions of [God's] of [Agape] Love are learned only through the school of suffering."
    "If we suffer, we shall also reign' - because where there is little suffering, there is little love; no suffering, no love; no love, no rulership."

Chapter 1 
2 Corinthians 4:17-18
"For our light, momentary affliction (this slight distress of the passing hour) is ever more and more abundantly preparing and producing and achieving for us an everlasting weight of glory [beyond all measure, excessively surpassing all comparisons and all calculations, a vast and transcendent glory and blessedness never to cease!],
18 Since we consider and look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are visible are temporal (brief and fleeting), but the things that are invisible are deathless and everlasting."
  Affliction: (Greek) pressure, anything causing pain or distress; implies any sorrow, suffering or heartache imposed by illness, loss misfortune, etc.
 "We never learn anything new about God except by adversity." Watchman Nee
Psalms 119:67, 71
"Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now Your word do I keep [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying it].
It is good for me that I have been afflicted, that I might learn Your statutes."
'Worketh': [Wycliff Bible Commentary] create
Our light affliction is CREATING an eternal weight of glory.
Romans 8:18
 [But what of that?] For I consider that the sufferings of this present time (this present life) are not worth being compared with the glory that is about to be revealed to us and in us and for us and conferred on us!

Romans 5:3-5
"Moreover [let us also be full of joy now!] let us exult and triumph in our troubles and rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that pressure and affliction and hardship produce patient and unswerving endurance.
And endurance (fortitude) develops maturity of character (approved faith and tried integrity). And character [of this sort] produces [the habit of] joyful and confident hope of eternal salvation.
Such hope never disappoints or deludes or shames us, for God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit Who has been given to us."

   "In a fallen world, suffering of some kind is universal. There is no permanent release or escape from it, either by rank, holy living, health or wealth." 
John 16:33
"...In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration;..."
End of Chapter 1 of   Don't Waste Your Sorrows .
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 10
  "If God healed everyone immediately where would be the opportunity for character training? If He delivered everyone ...at the first call, where would be the opportunity for the perseverance that creates character." 
  "To many it's a mystery how a subjective attitude toward an objective situation can so modify its effect that pure "evil" is transformation into a sublime dimension of "good."
  "Rank in heaven will be determined not by magnetic personality, glittering talents, towering intellect ... but by the depth and quality of one's love."
Job's Decentralization
  "Before he suffered, Job knew God by reputation only. Afterward, he said, Now mine eye seeth Thee."
Before his trial he argued with God afterwards, he repents.
1 Peter 4:1  "Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin."
  "...then all afflictions of every kind that are not removed in answer to prayer should be understood as God's way of disciplining character into the pattern of God likeness which is fitting one specifically for his particular role in the ages to come."
  Paul says to glory in tribulation, this in turn serves us to achieve God's purpose within us.
  "If we fight against it by SELF PITY and REBELLION, by MURMURING and COMPLAINING ...- we are wasting our sorrows."
  "If a child of God could actually see into the future and fully visualize the exalted rank that the school of suffering is creating for him, it would be easier to glory in tribulation -which often immerses him in deep depression."


Comments

  1. Graet article one thing the Lord spoke to thru this God works He is always working on our behalf likened unto Lazarus . lIFE CAN COME IF WE SIMPLY HEAR HIS VOICE.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your heart here:







[PLEASE no spamers, I ask for respect to not leave your link to a site here. TY!]

Popular posts from this blog

FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES

7 FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES Out of desperation creativity is birthed. I hope to add on to this post through the years. Churches love to give to dad's on Father's Day; sometimes this can be redundant and or expensive. A few short years ago we stepped out of the Evangelistic & Pioneer work to take a small church that is just great and out of the box. So, of course budget is minimal and I am 'it' when it comes to holiday decor and gifting ideas & doing them. The 4 gifts that my family and I put together are as follows:                       POPCORN/CANDY/MOVIE  We placed microwave popcorn, candy bar and a special Father's Day poem inside a popcorn bag.  FRAMED ART FROM LOCAL ARTIST/MINISTER  (Rev. Paul Gray)  MADE THIS INTO A FRAME & ADDED A PEN.                                             MINI GIFTS WRAPPED IN A HANKIE Pocket knife, Voice of the Martyrs Pendant  & candy! Al

LET US TRUST THE PROCESS OF PRUNING

Did you ever read this verse in John 15:2 and think, "that's extreme, can't we just hold onto these extra branches that grew once and bore amazing, fruit?" I have definitely !   Then life happens! In that life, we make a decision to dig deeper in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Yet, as we do, we face obstacles (or that's what we called them) that challenged us to trust Jesus to do what He wills in our lives.  I believe this place is a milestone in the timeline of our lives. Will we continue to walk ever so close to the Lord, realizing as we do, He will prune us? Will we desire to be producers of His fruit and life flow through us? Many of us realize that this means more obstacles, cuts, bleeding, times of dormancy and simple hurt.  This is when the milestone comes; will we accept this pruning and be fruitful or just become branches that become brittle, and ragged?  A lot of questions to ponder, but I feel God wants to use each and everyone of His children in o

Thank You For Asking

(c)Daneille Gray Snowden 2022 Today, I was deeply touched in my heart when a dear friend asked how my husband was. I did not mention it first, out of the blue; she asked about something dear to my heart. This wasn't the first time as she has  asked about different matters in my life several times. May I tell you how that made me feel? It made me feel cared for, loved and set back how someone cares intensely about me and my life. How often do you personally experience such care and interest from others? And, as I ask myself this too; how often do we reach out and ask others how they are? When people as a whole reach out in such a way, we see the creation power of God as hearts are connected to one another and a strong foundation is beginning to be built for a lasting relationship.  I love it when I hear conversations in church  or in my home when I  listen to their questions of wanting to learn of others situations, experiences, needs and even joys. The questioner is totally focused