Skip to main content

"AND YOU SHALL CALL HIS NAME...JESUS"

 AND YOU SHALL CALL HIS NAME...

   As we all are basking in this blissful holiday season, I find myself telling my loved-ones: 'Merry CHRISTmas' on their Christmas cards. As I do, my mind's eyes peers back to the night when the greatest event ever happened: the birth of our all powerful, loving Savior- JESUS!

   The simple, yet direct assignment to Joseph was indisputable! That is to name the baby of whom Mary will give birth to; Jesus! In the Hebrew Jesus is Yeshua; which means to 'rescue', to 'deliver' and to 'save'.
 Matthew 1:21 "She will bear a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus [the Greek form of the Hebrew Joshua, which means Savior], for He will save His people from their sins [that is, prevent them from failing and missing the true end and scope of life, which is God]." [ampl.]

  Yahu in the Hebrew word Yeshua, stands for God [YHWH: which is a saving cry].The second part of Yeshua is yasha which means to deliver, save, or rescue. When someone says my name (and in my case actually pronounces it correctly) my ears perk and my attention has been retrieved. When God's children cry out; "JESUS," the saving cry is spoken. God's attention is grasped with the results of being rescued. For His Hand is not shortened that He cannot save! [Is. 59:1]  Today, we have the Koine Greek term for Jesus Iesous. When the Bible was written in Late Latin, we attained the English Name - Jesus. It doesn't matter if we speak His Name in Spanish, German, Arabic or so on...He will hear us, and will save! 

   Our Heavenly Father gave us so many riches when He sent His Son on the earth. When Jesus came, He didn't come empty handed. He came with riches the world cannot give or fathom. The first thing we all knew about was His Name. In Isaiah 7:14, the prophet Isaiah declared, "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call Him Immanuel [God with us.]."  GOD WITH US! He gave us the Presence of God, the amazing opportunity to KNOW Him intimately! To have an inner link to His heart when we cry out His Name! Glory to God! 

  Jesus is the Christ; the son of the Living God! This was said quite boldly by the Apostle (then Disciple) Peter. Christ was tagged onto the Name of Jesus because He was the 'Anointed One'! Christ comes from the Greek word christos, which means anointed one. The direct definition of anointed; is to have oil poured on your head because God has chosen them for a special work. Anointed was mostly referred to kings as they were anointed for their throne. The great KING OF KINGS, came to this earth in the most humblest of forms as an infant; born to poor parents in a filthy stable. Yet, it didn't change the anointing....He was anointed as King to do the work of saving the lost, heal the hurting, and bring Joy and Hope to all men. 

   We still have His Name today, there is joy, hope and even peace that only Jesus Christ can bring by one's calling on His Name - Jesus and then, they will be saved. [Acts 2:21]   When we are in danger, we call on His Name and YHWH is with us! There have been countless times, especially driving in the large cities we had lived in and foreseen danger was obvious, I would scream; "Jesus!" It worked! My husband's heart raced for awhile, but we have seen this countless times. The devil has to flee at the Name of Jesus!  We have prayed for individuals or been in situations that we knew there was a demonic presence, yet by calling on His Name, with authority; the enemy HAD TO FLEE! 

   To think we have been given the Name of Jesus to be applied to all the areas of our lives, is the best CHRISTmas present anyone could ever dream of having. In turn, I want to thank my Lord; my loving God, for giving Jesus to us and I vow to glorify Him all the days of my life.

   

Isaiah 9:6

Amplified Bible (AMP)
 "For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father [of Eternity], Prince of Peace."

MERRY CHRISTmas!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES

7 FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES Out of desperation creativity is birthed. I hope to add on to this post through the years. Churches love to give to dad's on Father's Day; sometimes this can be redundant and or expensive. A few short years ago we stepped out of the Evangelistic & Pioneer work to take a small church that is just great and out of the box. So, of course budget is minimal and I am 'it' when it comes to holiday decor and gifting ideas & doing them. The 4 gifts that my family and I put together are as follows:                       POPCORN/CANDY/MOVIE  We placed microwave popcorn, candy bar and a special Father's Day poem inside a popcorn bag.  FRAMED ART FROM LOCAL ARTIST/MINISTER  (Rev. Paul Gray)  MADE THIS INTO A FRAME & ADDED A PEN.                                             MINI GIFTS WRAPPED IN A HANKIE Pocket knife, Voice of the Martyrs Pendant  & candy! Al

LET US TRUST THE PROCESS OF PRUNING

Did you ever read this verse in John 15:2 and think, "that's extreme, can't we just hold onto these extra branches that grew once and bore amazing, fruit?" I have definitely !   Then life happens! In that life, we make a decision to dig deeper in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Yet, as we do, we face obstacles (or that's what we called them) that challenged us to trust Jesus to do what He wills in our lives.  I believe this place is a milestone in the timeline of our lives. Will we continue to walk ever so close to the Lord, realizing as we do, He will prune us? Will we desire to be producers of His fruit and life flow through us? Many of us realize that this means more obstacles, cuts, bleeding, times of dormancy and simple hurt.  This is when the milestone comes; will we accept this pruning and be fruitful or just become branches that become brittle, and ragged?  A lot of questions to ponder, but I feel God wants to use each and everyone of His children in o

Thank You For Asking

(c)Daneille Gray Snowden 2022 Today, I was deeply touched in my heart when a dear friend asked how my husband was. I did not mention it first, out of the blue; she asked about something dear to my heart. This wasn't the first time as she has  asked about different matters in my life several times. May I tell you how that made me feel? It made me feel cared for, loved and set back how someone cares intensely about me and my life. How often do you personally experience such care and interest from others? And, as I ask myself this too; how often do we reach out and ask others how they are? When people as a whole reach out in such a way, we see the creation power of God as hearts are connected to one another and a strong foundation is beginning to be built for a lasting relationship.  I love it when I hear conversations in church  or in my home when I  listen to their questions of wanting to learn of others situations, experiences, needs and even joys. The questioner is totally focused