Skip to main content

THE CALLING OF THE FATHER: Being the Priest of His Home

THE CALLING OF THE FATHER:
Being the Priest of His Home
                                                           
                                                      By Daneille Gray Snowden June 2014

I love watching my husband playing with my children. He seems to be the 'fun' parent. The kids giggle the hardest and run the fastest when daddy is there. Another thing that I just LOVE; is when my husband rises up and teaches God's living word in deed and instruction. My children quickly hush and peer into the eyes of their father as He instructs them from the passages of the Bible. 

Sunday being Father's Day, we will be ministering about the role of a father as the Priest of his home. Praying that the vision our God projected in both the Old and New Testament be perceived by all the Father's attending. This is the KEY we believe for healthier families, stronger churches and a godly country. When our men rise up and be all what God created them to be, we do believe this  will usher in a solidification within the church of Jesus Christ; thus a strength we haven't witnessed in many years. 

Woman who are married, especially Christian woman long for their husbands to not only protect them and their family; via physically but also spiritually and emotionally. I feel at peace when my own husband rises up and leads our family. The children feel secure, a trait that is required for a healthy spiritual and emotional individual. 

Kohen is the Hebrew word for Priest;  in the Arabic we find the root word -  'Orab', meaning ‘to draw near’. Thus, add it all together and we have: "one who may 'draw near' to the Divine Presence."  The KEY to being the PRIEST OF THE HOME is...Being in the Presence of the Almighty. By doing so, changes a persons appearance and demeanor. God's Ways become our ways, God's Words become ours and even, God's Hands reach out through us to others. When we speak to, pray for and even hold our precious children, let it be - the TOUCH OF GOD they feel and HIS VOICE they hear. All from dwelling in His Presence and applying His Words permanently on our hearts. 

Fathers, this is a beckon 'CALL - OUT' to you! Wives to and fro are praying to God for their spouse to be the Priest of their homes. We are desperately needing you to fulfill God's Plan for your life and the entire family. We will follow, we will praise our God as you rise up early to seek the Lord, as well as teach our children.
 Deuteronomy 6: 6 "And these words which I am commanding you this day shall be [first] in your [own] minds and hearts; [then]
You shall whet and sharpen them so as to make them penetrate, and teach and impress them diligently upon the [minds and] hearts of your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down and when you rise up."
May all the Christian Father's across the land declare:
Joshua 24:15 “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

Comments

  1. Daddys play such an important role in the development of their children's spiritual lives.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your heart here:







[PLEASE no spamers, I ask for respect to not leave your link to a site here. TY!]

Popular posts from this blog

FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES

7 FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES Out of desperation creativity is birthed. I hope to add on to this post through the years. Churches love to give to dad's on Father's Day; sometimes this can be redundant and or expensive. A few short years ago we stepped out of the Evangelistic & Pioneer work to take a small church that is just great and out of the box. So, of course budget is minimal and I am 'it' when it comes to holiday decor and gifting ideas & doing them. The 4 gifts that my family and I put together are as follows:                       POPCORN/CANDY/MOVIE  We placed microwave popcorn, candy bar and a special Father's Day poem inside a popcorn bag.  FRAMED ART FROM LOCAL ARTIST/MINISTER  (Rev. Paul Gray)  MADE THIS INTO A FRAME & ADDED A PEN.                                             MINI GIFTS WRAPPED IN A HANKIE Pocket knife, Voice of the Martyrs Pendant  & candy! Al

LET US TRUST THE PROCESS OF PRUNING

Did you ever read this verse in John 15:2 and think, "that's extreme, can't we just hold onto these extra branches that grew once and bore amazing, fruit?" I have definitely !   Then life happens! In that life, we make a decision to dig deeper in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Yet, as we do, we face obstacles (or that's what we called them) that challenged us to trust Jesus to do what He wills in our lives.  I believe this place is a milestone in the timeline of our lives. Will we continue to walk ever so close to the Lord, realizing as we do, He will prune us? Will we desire to be producers of His fruit and life flow through us? Many of us realize that this means more obstacles, cuts, bleeding, times of dormancy and simple hurt.  This is when the milestone comes; will we accept this pruning and be fruitful or just become branches that become brittle, and ragged?  A lot of questions to ponder, but I feel God wants to use each and everyone of His children in o

Thank You For Asking

(c)Daneille Gray Snowden 2022 Today, I was deeply touched in my heart when a dear friend asked how my husband was. I did not mention it first, out of the blue; she asked about something dear to my heart. This wasn't the first time as she has  asked about different matters in my life several times. May I tell you how that made me feel? It made me feel cared for, loved and set back how someone cares intensely about me and my life. How often do you personally experience such care and interest from others? And, as I ask myself this too; how often do we reach out and ask others how they are? When people as a whole reach out in such a way, we see the creation power of God as hearts are connected to one another and a strong foundation is beginning to be built for a lasting relationship.  I love it when I hear conversations in church  or in my home when I  listen to their questions of wanting to learn of others situations, experiences, needs and even joys. The questioner is totally focused