Skip to main content

Snowden Family's Fave' Recipes - Green Chili Enchilada Soup

                                                                   
Snowden Family's Favorite Recipes 
 Green Chili Enchilada Soup
 


 I simply avoid sharing recipes, just because I truly know there are many out there that are far superior than mine.
Yet, our family has become true 'FOODIES' thus we are quite particular on what we eat, and how we prepare it. Guess it's the day we live in. When I was a little girl; I had no idea what ethnic restaurants were. Taco's were what mom made on Friday nights as she mixed instant seasoning in her ground beef and she fried the corn tortilla's in her skillet. It wasn't until college that my pallet would dive into a sea of unforgettable flavors; thus, me turning from a bland cooking scheme to a bask array of culinary delight!
Our family; like so many American families have their 'Go-To' favorites that are a must at least on a monthly basis. It's those meals you fix when your son or daughter comes home to visit.
I will introduce to you one of a many of our Snowden Family Favorites: Green Chili Enchilada Soup!
I use to not be a soup lover, but this soup whisk me away to a caldron of deliciousness in the soup world. We have only been eating this for around two years and wish oh so much I had started earlier. I have made green chili chicken enchiladas for over 20 years.
Stir soup well, let simmer for
time slated. The flavors
emulsify all through.
 


RECIPE
For 2 Gallons of soup
Chicken (is our preference): I use good chicken breast, 8 lg. pieces.
Cumin : 1 tb
Red Chili Powder: 3 to 4 tb
Cilantro: A LOT! 5 Tb. ++
Onion Powder: 3 tb.
Basil: 2 tb.
Thyme: 1 tb.
Minced Garlic: 4 cloves
Fine Chopped Onion: 1 med.
Chicken Base: 3 to 4 tb.
Bl. Pepper: 2 tb
Salsa: Our home made salsa (yum)! Consisting of your basic roma tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapeno's, vinegar, lemon juice...etc. If you don't have your own, then cheat and add a quality salsa (or ask a neighbor, friend or relative for a jar). I put about 2 pints in this soup.
Black Beans: 1 can (rinse well)
Corn: We use white corn fresh from the garden. 2 cups
Green Chili (Verde) Enchilada Sauce: 2 cans or make home made by cooking gr. chili's with your typical seasoning (cumin, chili, pepper, salt, some garlic..etc.).  2 cans or 2 1/2 cups.
 
METHOD:
Slow cook (on med./low) chicken for 2 to 3 hours. Until you are able to shred it.
Add seasoning + chicken base, onion & garlic, salsa; cook for 20 min. [Smells all through your house, you want to put Latin music on and dance.]
Add beans + corn cook for another 30 min.
To thicken if needed, mix 1 tb. of corn starch to 1/2 c. of water, then add to soup.
----
Now the tastiest part for us: fry up corn tortillas, cut up some avocados...pull out some sour cream.
The amount depends on the # you are serving. Freshness is the key for the tortillas. Think 1 per person or per bowl.
Ladle the soup in the bowl, place a couple slices of avocados, sprinkle in the tortillas and a dollop of sour cream.
 
 Shred some mozzarella cheese to add a brilliant flavor!
Turn the Latin Music down low, with family gathered around...Bow your heads and thank Your Lord Jesus for providing such a wonderful meal, and a beautiful family.
Then; A él le gusta comer y bailar.
 
Enjoy!
 
 

Comments

  1. Looks good. Two in my family would probably enjoy this, but two others would not. Thus, I will not be making it. But, maybe someday I could have a small taste of your next batch! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your heart here:







[PLEASE no spamers, I ask for respect to not leave your link to a site here. TY!]

Popular posts from this blog

FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES

7 FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES Out of desperation creativity is birthed. I hope to add on to this post through the years. Churches love to give to dad's on Father's Day; sometimes this can be redundant and or expensive. A few short years ago we stepped out of the Evangelistic & Pioneer work to take a small church that is just great and out of the box. So, of course budget is minimal and I am 'it' when it comes to holiday decor and gifting ideas & doing them. The 4 gifts that my family and I put together are as follows:                       POPCORN/CANDY/MOVIE  We placed microwave popcorn, candy bar and a special Father's Day poem inside a popcorn bag.  FRAMED ART FROM LOCAL ARTIST/MINISTER  (Rev. Paul Gray)  MADE THIS INTO A FRAME & ADDED A PEN.                                             MINI GIFTS WRAPPED IN A HANKIE Pocket knife, Voice of the Martyrs Pendant  & candy! Al

LET US TRUST THE PROCESS OF PRUNING

Did you ever read this verse in John 15:2 and think, "that's extreme, can't we just hold onto these extra branches that grew once and bore amazing, fruit?" I have definitely !   Then life happens! In that life, we make a decision to dig deeper in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Yet, as we do, we face obstacles (or that's what we called them) that challenged us to trust Jesus to do what He wills in our lives.  I believe this place is a milestone in the timeline of our lives. Will we continue to walk ever so close to the Lord, realizing as we do, He will prune us? Will we desire to be producers of His fruit and life flow through us? Many of us realize that this means more obstacles, cuts, bleeding, times of dormancy and simple hurt.  This is when the milestone comes; will we accept this pruning and be fruitful or just become branches that become brittle, and ragged?  A lot of questions to ponder, but I feel God wants to use each and everyone of His children in o

Thank You For Asking

(c)Daneille Gray Snowden 2022 Today, I was deeply touched in my heart when a dear friend asked how my husband was. I did not mention it first, out of the blue; she asked about something dear to my heart. This wasn't the first time as she has  asked about different matters in my life several times. May I tell you how that made me feel? It made me feel cared for, loved and set back how someone cares intensely about me and my life. How often do you personally experience such care and interest from others? And, as I ask myself this too; how often do we reach out and ask others how they are? When people as a whole reach out in such a way, we see the creation power of God as hearts are connected to one another and a strong foundation is beginning to be built for a lasting relationship.  I love it when I hear conversations in church  or in my home when I  listen to their questions of wanting to learn of others situations, experiences, needs and even joys. The questioner is totally focused