Skip to main content

PRAYING THROUGH - 2014 to 2015

PRAYING THROUGH -  2014 to 2015 
 
by Daneille Gray Snowden
 
 
I just recently asked my friends what their traditions were for New Years Eve. and Day. I just Love hearing what families do on this day.
 
Of course, it caused me to ponder back regarding New Years as a child and a pastor's wife. 
 
 I recall year after year as a Pastor's kid attending church, there would be singing and then challenging preaching. As the clock ticked away, midnight was quickly prancing upon us. Several minutes till; all the individual families would gather hands and PRAY-IN the New Year.
 
My entire life I have done this with my parents, later my husband and now my children. Thanking God, we have never missed a year. Even when Y-2K came...(ya know, when the world was going to end).
 
I saw this with such deep conviction and heart. Praying, hand in hand with my loved one's symbolized what my life's vision: 'IS'!
1st - Serving God, Seeking Him First and Foremost in all I do and say.
2nd - Being With My Family...the most important people on this earth to me and birthing that into their hearts as well.
3rd - Enthrusting into my children: That when we seek the Lord first - even at the VERY BEGINNING of each year... HE WILL:
DIRECT OUR PATHS, REWARD THOSE WHO DILIGENTLY SEEK HIM AND REALIZE THE BEST PRAYER PARTNERS YA GOT ARE YOUR FAMILY.
 
 
PRAYING THROUGH!!!  THROUGH: past; beyond /during the whole period of; throughout/ having reached the end of / all the way /  completed / moving to a destination /
 
When we pray, it's a conversation with the ALMIGHTY, our Savior the all powerful source of life.
I was raised, when you talk with someone, you give them your UNDIVIDED ATTENTION. I in turn, have taught my own children that eye contact is respectful and essential when you are engaged in a conversation with someone. Also, that we are to LISTEN until the conversation has ended.
 
Yet, when many pray to God...it's a list of wants and maybe a quick 'thank-you' for this or that. Look at the definitions of THROUGH.
Prayer (talking with God), goes BEYOND ourselves, and what we could ever imagine. For when we truly HEAR His Heart for each of us...the vision (which is seeing ahead) directs us into many wonders that lay beyond our own imaginations.
 
COMPLETED - Another term for 'through'; is such an accomplishing feeling to have. For example; when you complete school and graduate, or get all the Christmas presents wrapped and such. Completing a task is an awesome feeling. It's 'getting-er-done'! When we PRAY THROUGH ...we know we have what has been desired or needed, for we have assurance from the Holy Spirit...saying: '"It's done!"  Praying; 'ALL THE WAY'; was the message the Lord Jesus was trying to display at the Garden when He asked His disciples to watch and pray with Him.
 
My dear one, if I could say anything to one's who claim Jesus as their Lord and Savior is to PRAY THROUGH! This is to the One Who loves us more than anyone else (even ourselves), the One Who knew us before...Who planned for our lives. Why do we not pray through?
 
If you have one goal this year...make PRAYING THROUGH this year...praying through daily and leading others to do so as well be your ultimate goal.
 
One little story, my 84 year old father told from his early years of  ministry (1950's): A typical questions brothers and sisters (in Christ)
 would ask one another was in their initial greeting; "HAVE YOU PRAYED THROUGH TODAY?"  Do we dare do this today? 
 
Pray through my friend...complete and go all the way with God!
 
HAPPY NEW YEAR OF 2015!
 
Ephesians 6:18 "Praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,"
 
Deuteronomy 4:29 "But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul."
 
2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.


 


Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your heart here:







[PLEASE no spamers, I ask for respect to not leave your link to a site here. TY!]

Popular posts from this blog

FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES

7 FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES Out of desperation creativity is birthed. I hope to add on to this post through the years. Churches love to give to dad's on Father's Day; sometimes this can be redundant and or expensive. A few short years ago we stepped out of the Evangelistic & Pioneer work to take a small church that is just great and out of the box. So, of course budget is minimal and I am 'it' when it comes to holiday decor and gifting ideas & doing them. The 4 gifts that my family and I put together are as follows:                       POPCORN/CANDY/MOVIE  We placed microwave popcorn, candy bar and a special Father's Day poem inside a popcorn bag.  FRAMED ART FROM LOCAL ARTIST/MINISTER  (Rev. Paul Gray)  MADE THIS INTO A FRAME & ADDED A PEN.                                             MINI GIFTS WRAPPED IN A HANKIE Pocket knife, Voice of the Martyrs Pendant  & candy! Al

LET US TRUST THE PROCESS OF PRUNING

Did you ever read this verse in John 15:2 and think, "that's extreme, can't we just hold onto these extra branches that grew once and bore amazing, fruit?" I have definitely !   Then life happens! In that life, we make a decision to dig deeper in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Yet, as we do, we face obstacles (or that's what we called them) that challenged us to trust Jesus to do what He wills in our lives.  I believe this place is a milestone in the timeline of our lives. Will we continue to walk ever so close to the Lord, realizing as we do, He will prune us? Will we desire to be producers of His fruit and life flow through us? Many of us realize that this means more obstacles, cuts, bleeding, times of dormancy and simple hurt.  This is when the milestone comes; will we accept this pruning and be fruitful or just become branches that become brittle, and ragged?  A lot of questions to ponder, but I feel God wants to use each and everyone of His children in o

Thank You For Asking

(c)Daneille Gray Snowden 2022 Today, I was deeply touched in my heart when a dear friend asked how my husband was. I did not mention it first, out of the blue; she asked about something dear to my heart. This wasn't the first time as she has  asked about different matters in my life several times. May I tell you how that made me feel? It made me feel cared for, loved and set back how someone cares intensely about me and my life. How often do you personally experience such care and interest from others? And, as I ask myself this too; how often do we reach out and ask others how they are? When people as a whole reach out in such a way, we see the creation power of God as hearts are connected to one another and a strong foundation is beginning to be built for a lasting relationship.  I love it when I hear conversations in church  or in my home when I  listen to their questions of wanting to learn of others situations, experiences, needs and even joys. The questioner is totally focused