Skip to main content

PRESSED IN OUR PRISON

 PRESSED IN OUR PRISON  
by Daneille Gray Snowden  (c)March2015
The story below lit a fire within my soul regarding this young mother's passion in her prison-who later passed away.
From The Voice of the Martyrs - USA  "Vani, a 31- year-old mother of an 8- year-old daughter
Photo from Voice of the Martyrs
was imprisoned for sharing her faith. During Vani's time in jail she continued to share her faith with more then 70 women, 14 of who became Christians! Vani even shared her faith with her jailer."
 
The prison's for many of us, may not be a literal jail cell; but it could be chronic pain, poverty, abuse, loneliness and so on. When pressed, like Vani (above) what comes forth?
 
 
I can't imagine being put in jail, let alone being separated from my children. What would we do? Is the heart that Jesus had on the Cross beating as our own? The passion Christ displayed then, (which was and still is souls entering into eternity) must be our total essence.
 
Coming from my own personal trials regarding my husbands chronic health (that has taken a healthy man, to one I push in a wheel chair, who is suffering pain daily, and not being able to work thus supply for our family); has truly PRESSED my heart in ways I would have NEVER FATHOMED! God has been faithful all the way; but it's not about me, or even my husband. For us, it's about speaking in the microphone of this 'PRISON' to a hurting world who needs to feel God's Love and hear about Him and how He is all we need!
 
How? Look around in your 'Cell', who do you see? Start there; love them, serve them and as you do tell them all about your loving Lord. Don't feel like it? Then it may be time to rewind and get into the Presence of our Lord and bask there for awhile. Worship, Study His Word and Wait in His Presence to be renewed. Ps. 103:5 "Who satisfies your years with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle." 
 
Truly God still heals, delivers and makes whole; I do believe in the Divine Healing Work of God! Just recently a brother shared his testimony how he had heart surgery a few years ago and he went recently for a check up and there was no sign of any heart problems. God does heal, and we should ask Jesus to do so. I do for my husband daily.
From: Voice of the Martyrs
 
Yet, everyone faces hard trials time and time again; I believe the Lord grows us (if we allow Him to) during these difficulties. One wonderful sign of growth is; WHAT COMES FORTH during that PRISON time we face! Is it 'self' or is it 'Jesus'?  Lord, let it be JESUS: Jn. 12:32 "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me."
 
May that be our LEGACY- that even in Prison; that many came to Jesus through our message which flowed out profusely to the lost in our prison places.
 
2 Corinthians 1:3-5
 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of sympathy (pity and mercy) and the God [Who is the Source] of every comfort (consolation and encouragement),
 Who comforts (consoles and encourages) us in every trouble (calamity and affliction), SO THAT WE MAY BE ABLE TO comfort (console and encourage) those who are in any kind of trouble or distress, with the comfort (consolation and encouragement) with which we ourselves are comforted (consoled and encouraged) by God.
 For just as Christ’s [[a]own] sufferings fall to our lot [b][as they overflow upon His disciples, and we share and experience them] abundantly, so through Christ comfort (consolation and encouragement) is also [shared and experienced] abundantly by us."
 
 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES

7 FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES Out of desperation creativity is birthed. I hope to add on to this post through the years. Churches love to give to dad's on Father's Day; sometimes this can be redundant and or expensive. A few short years ago we stepped out of the Evangelistic & Pioneer work to take a small church that is just great and out of the box. So, of course budget is minimal and I am 'it' when it comes to holiday decor and gifting ideas & doing them. The 4 gifts that my family and I put together are as follows:                       POPCORN/CANDY/MOVIE  We placed microwave popcorn, candy bar and a special Father's Day poem inside a popcorn bag.  FRAMED ART FROM LOCAL ARTIST/MINISTER  (Rev. Paul Gray)  MADE THIS INTO A FRAME & ADDED A PEN.                                             MINI GIFTS WRAPPED IN A HANKIE Pocket knife, Voice of the Martyrs Pendant  & candy! Al

LET US TRUST THE PROCESS OF PRUNING

Did you ever read this verse in John 15:2 and think, "that's extreme, can't we just hold onto these extra branches that grew once and bore amazing, fruit?" I have definitely !   Then life happens! In that life, we make a decision to dig deeper in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Yet, as we do, we face obstacles (or that's what we called them) that challenged us to trust Jesus to do what He wills in our lives.  I believe this place is a milestone in the timeline of our lives. Will we continue to walk ever so close to the Lord, realizing as we do, He will prune us? Will we desire to be producers of His fruit and life flow through us? Many of us realize that this means more obstacles, cuts, bleeding, times of dormancy and simple hurt.  This is when the milestone comes; will we accept this pruning and be fruitful or just become branches that become brittle, and ragged?  A lot of questions to ponder, but I feel God wants to use each and everyone of His children in o

Thank You For Asking

(c)Daneille Gray Snowden 2022 Today, I was deeply touched in my heart when a dear friend asked how my husband was. I did not mention it first, out of the blue; she asked about something dear to my heart. This wasn't the first time as she has  asked about different matters in my life several times. May I tell you how that made me feel? It made me feel cared for, loved and set back how someone cares intensely about me and my life. How often do you personally experience such care and interest from others? And, as I ask myself this too; how often do we reach out and ask others how they are? When people as a whole reach out in such a way, we see the creation power of God as hearts are connected to one another and a strong foundation is beginning to be built for a lasting relationship.  I love it when I hear conversations in church  or in my home when I  listen to their questions of wanting to learn of others situations, experiences, needs and even joys. The questioner is totally focused