Skip to main content

DAUGHTER OF MAJESTY

 
 
copyright(c)2015 Daneille Gray Snowden
All Right Reserved          


DAUGHTER OF MAJESTY
Instead of Tragedy
 
 by Daneille Gray Snowden
 
When it's the darkest, is when we shine the brightest. Hard to swallow, yet still a commanding reality to grasp.
 
What is you life story? Are there chapters of tragedy and long valley's? Does it have pages flooded with peaks of amazing, joyous times? All of us have many words to write that include both extremes of defeat and triumphs. As I have written many times in this blog, it's WHO WE ARE and WHOSE WE ARE in the midst of both. It is WHO we glorify, and WHO we run to, isn't it?
 
If you have followed my testimony, then you have read in my own story; how I have faced poverty, sexual molestation (numerous times), poverty again (smile), loneliness, sickness, death, betrayal ...well ya get the idea. YET...I have been healed, prayed for those that have been, miraculously provided for (over and over again), have a soul mate (my husband), children (who all serve the Lord and are healthy) and again...you get the idea.
 
When I am around a group of people, usually the first thing they ask is, "How is your husband feeling?" Or, "How are you guys holding up with all you are facing?" Inside this witty & a bit sarcastic mind of mine; I am thinking - "I don't want to be known for this!" People mean well, they truly do; it's what we all do; to exhibit the fact we care. Yet, I just want all to see great victory, success and beauty. Guess, that may sound a tad prideful; but hey - who doesn't feel that way: right?
 
My mind's eye turns to my hero; as He faced true tragedy and horrific pain, during it all not thinking of Himself and wearing a crown. [Symbols fallen humanity.] Did it glimmer and shine? No, it inflicted and was ugly. Through this tragedy, JESUS CHRIST traded this crown for one of  MAJESTY.   Revelation 14:14-15
14  "Again I looked, and behold, [I saw] a white cloud, and sitting on the cloud [a]One resembling a Son of Man, with a crown of gold on His head and a sharp scythe (sickle) in His hand."
 
Because of that, I can throw my shoulders back and hold my head up high, proclaiming: I am a DAUGHTER OF MAJESTY! Majesty means: "supreme greatness or authority; sovereignty" in the Hebrew it is  greatness of appearance, applied to dignity, pomp and splendor.
Jesus is supreme (highest in rank and authority) and I am His Daughter! You too are His daughter, or son if you have invited Him to be the Lord of Your life.
 
The periods of tragedy in our life ushers in an opportunity to be able to SHINE bright; because of WHOSE we are. For God's glory radiates right through the darkness of our circumstances; causing those who are watching (and listening) to embrace Hope as they too are facing difficult times.
"For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." 2 Cor. 4:6
 

Where are you in your book of life right now? Are you in the places of thrill and excitement or is the chapter you are in right now of tragedy, difficulties and sorrows? GOD KNOWS... He see's; He is reaching out His Hand of strength right now.  Decide now and choose to be the Child of Majesty today; allowing Him to rule with SUPREME authority and power in your life. That's all you have to do, is to surrender. Trust me, even in the midst of this period in your life; the Lord will flood your spirit with confidence in WHO you are and WHOSE you are.
A DAUGHTER or SON OF MAJESTY!
 
"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of
 him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:"  I Peter 2:9
 
 


Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your heart here:







[PLEASE no spamers, I ask for respect to not leave your link to a site here. TY!]

Popular posts from this blog

FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES

7 FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES Out of desperation creativity is birthed. I hope to add on to this post through the years. Churches love to give to dad's on Father's Day; sometimes this can be redundant and or expensive. A few short years ago we stepped out of the Evangelistic & Pioneer work to take a small church that is just great and out of the box. So, of course budget is minimal and I am 'it' when it comes to holiday decor and gifting ideas & doing them. The 4 gifts that my family and I put together are as follows:                       POPCORN/CANDY/MOVIE  We placed microwave popcorn, candy bar and a special Father's Day poem inside a popcorn bag.  FRAMED ART FROM LOCAL ARTIST/MINISTER  (Rev. Paul Gray)  MADE THIS INTO A FRAME & ADDED A PEN.                                             MINI GIFTS WRAPPED IN A HANKIE Pocket knife, Voice of the Martyrs Pendant  & candy! Al

LET US TRUST THE PROCESS OF PRUNING

Did you ever read this verse in John 15:2 and think, "that's extreme, can't we just hold onto these extra branches that grew once and bore amazing, fruit?" I have definitely !   Then life happens! In that life, we make a decision to dig deeper in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Yet, as we do, we face obstacles (or that's what we called them) that challenged us to trust Jesus to do what He wills in our lives.  I believe this place is a milestone in the timeline of our lives. Will we continue to walk ever so close to the Lord, realizing as we do, He will prune us? Will we desire to be producers of His fruit and life flow through us? Many of us realize that this means more obstacles, cuts, bleeding, times of dormancy and simple hurt.  This is when the milestone comes; will we accept this pruning and be fruitful or just become branches that become brittle, and ragged?  A lot of questions to ponder, but I feel God wants to use each and everyone of His children in o

Thank You For Asking

(c)Daneille Gray Snowden 2022 Today, I was deeply touched in my heart when a dear friend asked how my husband was. I did not mention it first, out of the blue; she asked about something dear to my heart. This wasn't the first time as she has  asked about different matters in my life several times. May I tell you how that made me feel? It made me feel cared for, loved and set back how someone cares intensely about me and my life. How often do you personally experience such care and interest from others? And, as I ask myself this too; how often do we reach out and ask others how they are? When people as a whole reach out in such a way, we see the creation power of God as hearts are connected to one another and a strong foundation is beginning to be built for a lasting relationship.  I love it when I hear conversations in church  or in my home when I  listen to their questions of wanting to learn of others situations, experiences, needs and even joys. The questioner is totally focused