Skip to main content

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELLED

copyright(c)2016 Daneille Gray Snowden
2016
THE ROAD LESS TRAVELLED



"Two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost


When my family was smaller (my husband, son & I); went on a vacation into the lower Rockies. I have had the blessed experience of traveling through the Smoky Mountains; but this was an entire new adventure in itself.  My husband knew my dread of heights and tried to keep me calm. But, how can one ignore the beauty of God's creation in such magnitude, as I inspected those mountains!
Then it happened; the road became narrow, space for two vehicles were squeezed tight and the shoulder -- where was the shoulder of the road? Ha! All we saw was 'NOTHING'!
My enjoyment of God's great beauty burst and what evolved was panic! It didn't help that the air was actually thinning as I felt myself hyperventilating!  It was fun, adventurous, momentous even and I wouldn't trade that little (big) trip for anything! The experience was priceless! We saw places we had not seen together as a couple before and sense.

Twenty years later; in my time with the Lord, He brought me back to that summer and our needed vacation. Ya see, I was reflecting on our life, and ministry with all it's ups and downs. At that moment, I must admit- I was down. I asked the Lord;
"Why did we have to travel down a different route a lot of others haven't?" [I.E. - the smaller churches, challenges with being new in a community, financial, physical and the emotional difficulties as well.]  Then God took me to the winding roads up the Rocky Mountains.

My dear Heavenly Father reminded me saying; "I called you, not you or others. I saw the lost souls, the unloved, the misunderstood that are not among the crowds but off by the way side. I needed One of My children to love on them. I knew you would do this.
Those among the wayside saw your struggles and that caught
their hearts attention. It was the 'net' that drew them to Me.
And your faithfulness has only drawn You even closer to my heart as well.
I know the road less travelled is long and quite lonely. Many don't understand you and the vision I have placed within your soul. Yet, I placed My Hand of Favor on Your lives; with that there is an eternal Joy that strengthens your feet to move on.
As you look back and see how far you've come, and all the many places + faces you've encountered - in your soul may your spirit rejoice seeing the fruit multiplied!"

This has been my encouragement as we are now on another winding road; to a place quite unfamiliar. All we want to do is LOVE those along the way. To stop and minister fully to them, filling all with His Hope and Purpose.

Our thrust is: trusting in the Lord's leading as the patriarch Abraham who took the step forward with His family obeying God's Voice to leave His kin and pursue the Call!  Many didn't understand him, he left his friends and all he knew (from his culture) to please His God! [Acts 7:2-3  "Ur was justified in its boast of being a highly developed civilization.he turned his back on a great metropolis, setting out by faith for a land about which he knew little or nothing and which could probably offer him little from a standpoint of material benefits." [link]
Genesis 12:1: “Now the Lord said to Abram, ‘Go forth from your country, and from your relatives and from your father’s house, to the land which I will show you.’”
__________

"By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed by going out to a place which he was to receive for an inheritance; and he went out, not knowing where he was going." Hebrews 11:8

As I gaze back in the beginning of my life-walk in the ministry;
I saw a willing and passionate couple who yet, had so much to learn and grow in (and still do). Both of us feeling like Abraham who, "...at the point of his call, he was a man whose faith was meager; real, but meager." [bible.org quote] 

Are you on the 'ROAD LESS TRAVELED'? May I encourage you to 'STAY THE COARSE!'  It is worth it; every single life touched, and faith that has grown will and is even now producing lasting harvest for eternity and God's Glory!

~Daneille

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES

7 FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES Out of desperation creativity is birthed. I hope to add on to this post through the years. Churches love to give to dad's on Father's Day; sometimes this can be redundant and or expensive. A few short years ago we stepped out of the Evangelistic & Pioneer work to take a small church that is just great and out of the box. So, of course budget is minimal and I am 'it' when it comes to holiday decor and gifting ideas & doing them. The 4 gifts that my family and I put together are as follows:                       POPCORN/CANDY/MOVIE  We placed microwave popcorn, candy bar and a special Father's Day poem inside a popcorn bag.  FRAMED ART FROM LOCAL ARTIST/MINISTER  (Rev. Paul Gray)  MADE THIS INTO A FRAME & ADDED A PEN.                                             MINI GIFTS WRAPPED IN A HANKIE Pocket knife, Voice of the Martyrs Pendant  & candy! Al

LET US TRUST THE PROCESS OF PRUNING

Did you ever read this verse in John 15:2 and think, "that's extreme, can't we just hold onto these extra branches that grew once and bore amazing, fruit?" I have definitely !   Then life happens! In that life, we make a decision to dig deeper in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Yet, as we do, we face obstacles (or that's what we called them) that challenged us to trust Jesus to do what He wills in our lives.  I believe this place is a milestone in the timeline of our lives. Will we continue to walk ever so close to the Lord, realizing as we do, He will prune us? Will we desire to be producers of His fruit and life flow through us? Many of us realize that this means more obstacles, cuts, bleeding, times of dormancy and simple hurt.  This is when the milestone comes; will we accept this pruning and be fruitful or just become branches that become brittle, and ragged?  A lot of questions to ponder, but I feel God wants to use each and everyone of His children in o

Thank You For Asking

(c)Daneille Gray Snowden 2022 Today, I was deeply touched in my heart when a dear friend asked how my husband was. I did not mention it first, out of the blue; she asked about something dear to my heart. This wasn't the first time as she has  asked about different matters in my life several times. May I tell you how that made me feel? It made me feel cared for, loved and set back how someone cares intensely about me and my life. How often do you personally experience such care and interest from others? And, as I ask myself this too; how often do we reach out and ask others how they are? When people as a whole reach out in such a way, we see the creation power of God as hearts are connected to one another and a strong foundation is beginning to be built for a lasting relationship.  I love it when I hear conversations in church  or in my home when I  listen to their questions of wanting to learn of others situations, experiences, needs and even joys. The questioner is totally focused