Skip to main content

WALKING WOUNDED

copyright(c)2016 Daneille Gray Snowden
2016

WALKING  WOUNDED

Imagine this, you get injured and have an open wound that possibly sliced some nerves and ligaments.

Yet, you are just too busy to properly get it fixed which would entail; stitching, repairs, antibiotics and most importantly time to heal (including therapy).

 As time goes by the outer wound heals after fighting off pain plus possible infection. Yet,  if not attended too; a torn ligament for example, can result in weakness in the muscles. Eventually, it could even affect and injure the muscles and tendons trying to compensate for the weakness of the 'un-healed' injury.

Recently, the Lord took me to this particular issue of un-healed wounds. He showed me how it's up to us if we are truly healed within. He gives us a 'REMEDY' to follow.

--------------
"He lets me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still and quiet waters.
He refreshes and restores my soul (life);..."
Ps. 23:2,3a 
Photo by Tabitha Carin Snowden

This is a remedy to a wounded heart! It's the 'time' to heal; a therapy that 'STILLS' us enough to HEAL, plus be strengthen. Our culture measures success on 'staying-busy'; if you are not you are regarded as lazy, basically wasting your time. Instead of listening to the leading of God's Word; we bid to the craziness of a spinning world as we chase after each crisis and daily activities.

Let's take a look at what the  'GREEN PASTURES' & 'STILL WATERS' are:
He leads by His tender guidance - [He leads, less I wander.]

"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young."
Isaiah 40:11

This brings sustenance, providing rest, and enjoying tranquility, peace, and safety; in the green pastures.
Photo by Tabitha Carin Snowden

*TENDER GRASS was the 'first-shoots' that were tender enough to not only walk on, but also to lay upon. Plus, it was the most nutritious grass to feast for the shepherd's weary sheep. 
The green pastures; "literally means, in grassy homesteads - " the richer, oasis-like spots, where a homestead would be fixed in a barren tract of land." THE BEST!

Think about this for a moment; this takes time and using that restful, time to be fed, strengthened and restored to completeness.

*STILL WATERS:
Photo by Tabitha Carin Snowden
"Waters of rests, or refreshments: quiet and gentle waters, running in small and shallow channels, which are opposed to great rivers, that frighten sheep with their great noise, and expose them to be carried away by their swift and violent streams, while they are drinking at them." [Commentary- Bible Hub]

Where do we go for healing? Is it somewhere like this? Peaceful, quiet, nourishing???
Think about it; seriously -- as ministers and even Christians where do we go? Do we watch a movie?
Play games, or go work even more?

This is the place the shepherd:
-Counts His sheep.
https://equipherlife.com/2011/06/23/the-shepherds-oil/
-Inspects them.
-Pours healing oils and ointments on their wounds.
-Makes sure they are eating and drinking.
-He comforts them all.
Many times shepherds were known to sing to their sheep, which caused them to feel safe and calm. He would prod with His staff those who needed to be moved out of danger and into a closer place with Him.

Oh, we sheep can be quite stubborn and more so, those of us who have been deeply wounded think we can 'keep going!'  NOT SO! Remember the scenario stated above!

My daughter had broke her leg as she was spending the night at a friends house. She had been jumping on a little trampoline and 'SNAP!' But, she continued to play on it because she didn't want to go home. She wanted to stay and have fun with her friend...EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS IN PAIN!
Of course the next day; after being home for several hours she showed me her leg which was purple and swollen. She kept jumping on a broken leg; causing even more injury.

Can we just listen to our SHEPHERD; to the One Who made us ...
"For he knoweth our frame;..."
Ps. 103:14

I love that old worship chorus: "Let's take time, to wait upon the Lord. Let's take time to listen to His Voice. Unless the Lord builds the House, we labor in vain; so let's take time to wait upon the Lord."
I have said it and I know just about everyone else has too; "I DON'T HAVE TIME TO WAIT, TO REST AND LAY BESIDE THE STILL WATERS."
YET...we are the same folks who grumble and complain, or cry over our wounded hearts and needs.

It reminds me of a typical individual who longs to loose weight, and learns about the 'how-to' the do's and don'ts; but still doesn't make the efforts to follow it. Then complains about not feeling good and being over-weight.  [I know, I've done that! 😉]

Look at Psalms 23:1 
"The Lord is my Shepherd [to feed, to guide and to shield me],
I shall not want."
 Then verse 2b :
"HE LEADS ME..."


The Lord kinda gave me HIS FATHERLY TONE; when I wanted to declare I have not had the time or place to be HEALED (and strengthened). "I have limited time, income and resources"; I told Him.
"Then dear one; YOU ARE NOT ALLOWING ME TO LEAD YOU!" He replied.  

OUCH!

What we are telling God, is I rather just go on with my un-healed wounds, and even cause more instability in my life than to trust YOU FATHER, to take me to those 'still-quiet places'; for healing.

'The place of TIME and even space; where He can take HIS TIME in HIS PRESENCE to operate on our inner being.'
~Daneille Snowden

We clearly see, written by one of the wisest men ever to live that TIME for every purpose is DESIGNED by our ALL-MIGHTY / ALL-KNOWING God! [Ecclesiastes 3:1-8] Verse 3b says:

"...a time to heal;..."

Yet, we still won't 'BE STILL' enough to HEAL! Hear the Lord crying out to His children; FOLLOW ME,  and wherever I take you, I will CARE for you. Even when we need to rest beside the still waters and have healing balm applied to our hearts: trust God with everything else. Life is not going to end there; it's just a period of time set aside for healing and restoration.

Remember, every TIME has it's PURPOSE. Let's not miss out on the purpose the Shepherd has for LEADING US beside the still waters, and tender pastures. Oh His Words will speak VOLUMES to our souls; His anointing oil will cleanse and mend our hearts, His Spirit will infuse His sweetness causing us to sing and dance again!

Take time, if you know you've been wounded and never took out the proper time and place to be healed; ask the Lord to lead. Allow Him to open your ears to hear and feet prepped, ready to go wherever He leads.

~Daneille



WHERE HE LEADS ME
By E. W. Blandy
"Where He leads me I will follow,
Where He leads me I will follow,
Where He leads me I will follow,
I’ll go with Him, with Him all the way."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES

7 FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES Out of desperation creativity is birthed. I hope to add on to this post through the years. Churches love to give to dad's on Father's Day; sometimes this can be redundant and or expensive. A few short years ago we stepped out of the Evangelistic & Pioneer work to take a small church that is just great and out of the box. So, of course budget is minimal and I am 'it' when it comes to holiday decor and gifting ideas & doing them. The 4 gifts that my family and I put together are as follows:                       POPCORN/CANDY/MOVIE  We placed microwave popcorn, candy bar and a special Father's Day poem inside a popcorn bag.  FRAMED ART FROM LOCAL ARTIST/MINISTER  (Rev. Paul Gray)  MADE THIS INTO A FRAME & ADDED A PEN.                                             MINI GIFTS WRAPPED IN A HANKIE Pocket knife, Voice of the Martyrs Pendant  & candy! Al

LET US TRUST THE PROCESS OF PRUNING

Did you ever read this verse in John 15:2 and think, "that's extreme, can't we just hold onto these extra branches that grew once and bore amazing, fruit?" I have definitely !   Then life happens! In that life, we make a decision to dig deeper in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Yet, as we do, we face obstacles (or that's what we called them) that challenged us to trust Jesus to do what He wills in our lives.  I believe this place is a milestone in the timeline of our lives. Will we continue to walk ever so close to the Lord, realizing as we do, He will prune us? Will we desire to be producers of His fruit and life flow through us? Many of us realize that this means more obstacles, cuts, bleeding, times of dormancy and simple hurt.  This is when the milestone comes; will we accept this pruning and be fruitful or just become branches that become brittle, and ragged?  A lot of questions to ponder, but I feel God wants to use each and everyone of His children in o

Thank You For Asking

(c)Daneille Gray Snowden 2022 Today, I was deeply touched in my heart when a dear friend asked how my husband was. I did not mention it first, out of the blue; she asked about something dear to my heart. This wasn't the first time as she has  asked about different matters in my life several times. May I tell you how that made me feel? It made me feel cared for, loved and set back how someone cares intensely about me and my life. How often do you personally experience such care and interest from others? And, as I ask myself this too; how often do we reach out and ask others how they are? When people as a whole reach out in such a way, we see the creation power of God as hearts are connected to one another and a strong foundation is beginning to be built for a lasting relationship.  I love it when I hear conversations in church  or in my home when I  listen to their questions of wanting to learn of others situations, experiences, needs and even joys. The questioner is totally focused