Skip to main content

SELLING OUT

copyright(c) 2018 Daneille Gray Snowden
2018
SELLING OUT...  'OUR RIGHTS'
by Daneille Gray Snowden


No, this is NOT a political blog post. God brought this to my heart this morning as I was travailing in prayer; interceding for loved ones who were given a GREAT BIRTH RIGHT as children of God.

When we are heavily burdened for our loved ones as well as all the souls of men and woman; God hears our cry and reveals HIS VIEW on the situation (whatever it may be). Our first response (should be) for anything that hurts, frustrates, and burdens us is to fall on our knees before the Face of our great God and King.  Why do we even allow a moment to let it fester within our own spirits? I think because we have this 'human-tendency' to want to 'FIX' things and people. Yet, over and over again, God prods us with the Holy Spirit; moving our hearts to seek Him.

I was considering those especially who were raised with seeing and hearing of  God's Love continuously in their young lives. I am not talking about just attending church here; for many attend church and do not grasp the truth of salvation and living for Him. I am writing about  what they have seen and heard in their homes through their parents. 
I truly do believe with all my heart in the promise scripture: 

Isaiah 55:11  King James Version (KJV)

 "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

Allow me to share a snippet in God's Word about one who had sold his birthright out of instant gratification and pleasure; Esau. 

It begins here: 

Genesis 25:19-34

*Rebekah conceived [twins]. 
*Two nations are in her womb.
* "first (Esau) came out reddish all over like a hairy garment; and they named him Esau (hairy). 26 Afterward his brother came out, and his hand grasped Esau’s heel, so he was named Jacob..." v.25-26 
*  SOLD-OUT: 29 "Once when Jacob was cooking stew, Esau came in from the field, and he was exhausted. 30 And Esau said to Jacob, “Let me eat some of that red stew, for I am exhausted!” (Therefore his name was called Edom.[a]) 31 Jacob said, “Sell me your birthright now.” 32 Esau said, “I am about to die; of what use is a birthright to me?” 33 Jacob said, “Swear to me now.” So he swore to him and sold his birthright to Jacob. 34 Then Jacob gave Esau bread and lentil stew, and he ate and drank and rose and went his way. Thus Esau despised his birthright."

BIRTHRIGHT: "Special privileges and advantages belonging to the first-born son among the Jews. He became the priest of the family. Thus Reuben was the first-born of the patriarchs, and so the priesthood of the tribes.
 - Allotted to him also a double portion of the paternal inheritance.
 - Judicial authority of his father, whatever it might be. 
Sacred importance to the rank of "first-born" and "first-begotten" as applied to the Messiah." {link}


    One reason some SELL-OUT their birthright is they stop caring! It's not treasured deeply within their souls. It says in this passage that Esau 'despised' his birthright.
 



WHAT IS OUR BIRTHRIGHT
1) 'Divine supply is the fullness of the Spirit' - Acts 2:4  FULL (not partial) with the attributes of God, with His Power, Hope, Strength, Love and so much more
2) Double portion of parents inheritance. More wisdom, knowledge, anointing power, doors open to DO MORE...etc.
3) The privileges of the overcoming believer;
    to inherit”  ( greek- kleronomeo):  obtain an inheritance by allotment inheritance of spiritual possessions -- 
freely receive eternal salvation through grace
(Eph. 1:14 and Heb. 9:15)
 HEIRS OF GOD:  “and if children, heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, so that we may also be glorified with Him.” (Rom. 8:17)  
4) Eternal Life (Mk. 10:30; Lk. 18:30; Rom. 2:6-7)
5) Ruling with Christ (Lk. 19:17, 19)


OUR PRAYER IS FOR GOD TO OPEN OUR LOVED ONE'S EYES TO SEE AS ESAU:
'Esau's eyes were ultimately opened to his folly in parting with his birthright for "one mess of meat," and he then desired to inherit the blessing, seeking it "diligently with tears;" but alas! his awaking came too late!'  (Heb. 12:16, 17).

WHEN ONE LOOSES HIS BIRTHRIGHT:
* Reuben lost his birthright, those privileges were divided up & went to Joseph through his two sons (Ephraim and Manasseh), each being given a portion of the land.
Gen. 48:21-22 reads: “Then Israel said to Joseph, ‘Behold, I am about to die, but God will be with you, and bring you back to the land of your fathers. I give you one portion more than your brothers, which I took from the hand of the Amorite with my sword and my bow.’"

HOW MUCH DO WE & OR OUR LOVED ONE'S VALUE HIS/HER'S BIRTHRIGHT?
This is a very important aspect to deeply ponder; to VALUE the BIRTHRIGHT we have as God's Children
Value means to regard or esteem highly. 
Does our 'loved-one' (do we) Esteem our salvation, our HOLY TEACHINGS we received growing up:  HIGHLY? 


WHAT HAPPENS?
-- SELF becomes GOD and takes over, compromising God's Word and His desires and purpose for their (& our) lives. 
-- How does one become SELF-ABSORBED? 
-- There are hundreds upon hundreds of avenues into this LIFE STYLE; which tricks ones into:

"...because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever!" Rom. 1:25

SATAN will use food (like Esau), drink, music, entertainment, sexual desires to destroy God's people
We must pray for God to OPEN THEIR EYES to this truth!
"To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me." Acts 26:18
I hope to encourage mom's, dad's, grandparents, pastors and all to continue to 'travail-in-prayer' for your loved one. 

-To live out a HOLY life, filled with the attributes of our God
-by being FULLY FILLED with the Holy Spirit. 
-This will be the LIGHT in the Darkness they are walking in. 
-Pray for God to open their eyes to see this.
-There is always HOPE in our Lord Jesus!

Praise His Name!

~Daneille






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES

7 FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES Out of desperation creativity is birthed. I hope to add on to this post through the years. Churches love to give to dad's on Father's Day; sometimes this can be redundant and or expensive. A few short years ago we stepped out of the Evangelistic & Pioneer work to take a small church that is just great and out of the box. So, of course budget is minimal and I am 'it' when it comes to holiday decor and gifting ideas & doing them. The 4 gifts that my family and I put together are as follows:                       POPCORN/CANDY/MOVIE  We placed microwave popcorn, candy bar and a special Father's Day poem inside a popcorn bag.  FRAMED ART FROM LOCAL ARTIST/MINISTER  (Rev. Paul Gray)  MADE THIS INTO A FRAME & ADDED A PEN.                                             MINI GIFTS WRAPPED IN A HANKIE Pocket knife, Voice of the Martyrs Pendant  & candy! Al

LET US TRUST THE PROCESS OF PRUNING

Did you ever read this verse in John 15:2 and think, "that's extreme, can't we just hold onto these extra branches that grew once and bore amazing, fruit?" I have definitely !   Then life happens! In that life, we make a decision to dig deeper in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Yet, as we do, we face obstacles (or that's what we called them) that challenged us to trust Jesus to do what He wills in our lives.  I believe this place is a milestone in the timeline of our lives. Will we continue to walk ever so close to the Lord, realizing as we do, He will prune us? Will we desire to be producers of His fruit and life flow through us? Many of us realize that this means more obstacles, cuts, bleeding, times of dormancy and simple hurt.  This is when the milestone comes; will we accept this pruning and be fruitful or just become branches that become brittle, and ragged?  A lot of questions to ponder, but I feel God wants to use each and everyone of His children in o

Thank You For Asking

(c)Daneille Gray Snowden 2022 Today, I was deeply touched in my heart when a dear friend asked how my husband was. I did not mention it first, out of the blue; she asked about something dear to my heart. This wasn't the first time as she has  asked about different matters in my life several times. May I tell you how that made me feel? It made me feel cared for, loved and set back how someone cares intensely about me and my life. How often do you personally experience such care and interest from others? And, as I ask myself this too; how often do we reach out and ask others how they are? When people as a whole reach out in such a way, we see the creation power of God as hearts are connected to one another and a strong foundation is beginning to be built for a lasting relationship.  I love it when I hear conversations in church  or in my home when I  listen to their questions of wanting to learn of others situations, experiences, needs and even joys. The questioner is totally focused