Skip to main content

Some Through The Fire...God Leads His Children Along-My Present Testimony

Howdy! It's been far too long since I have posted anything. If anyone follows us on face book, then I am sure you have a good idea on why Blogging hasn't been a priority. Though, I do miss writing from my heart. 
I posted over a year and half ago about my husband Brad going through a terriable ordeal after a simple knee surgery. I shared my heart and some pictures.
In July of 2011 Brad had another heart episode and wasn't the same since. He continued to get weaker and weaker. Again work stopped as well, he was too ill to work any carpentry or roofing jobs. Thus of course all income ceased. 
Brad continued to have tests after tests run. They said he had lymphoma, cerebral hemorage, blocked arteries and other types of cancers. But, the tests would come back negative. Yet, still my strong and healthy man was depleting in strength before my eyes. Even in the fall he was rushed to a hospital a few hours away where they proceeded with a heart catheterization
The Lord directed our steps using a special friend and her husband who told us of a lyme doctor in Indiana. So, we went and after a long assessment she diagnosed him with having this disease. The doctor placed him on droves of antibiotics and even more herbs. No wheat, gluten and sugar in his diet as well. Presently he has been on the med.'s for 6 months and an I.V. med. for 2 months. He has only gotten worse. Now, his heart hurts worse and has gained 30 lbs of water in 2 months. 
This past week the Cardiologist ruled out other possibilities and came up with hardening of the pericardia muscle. This is quite rare and typically misdiagnosed and caused by autoimmune diseases and the such. We do believe it was the lymes; never positive...but it leans more that way because test of other diseases all came back negative. 
The only place we can go to get this taken care of is quite a distance away in Cleveland, OH; at the infamous Cleveland Clinic. Where at first they will do a catheterization, then if this is the case a open heart surgery. Of course there is a % of mortality rate as with most any surgery. But, we are keeping focused on the Lord through every step of the way.  
I have three children, my oldest now is 20,  the two girls are 13 and 9. They need their daddy ... and are believing he will be fine. 
----
Many have asked why do you think you are going through this. Or, how are you making it through each day? How are you surviving financially? The list goes on. 
First and foremost...the answer above all is --ONLY GOD! Seriously because: 
Without Him I could do nothing,
Without Him I’d surely fail;
Without Him I would be drifting,
Like a ship without a sail

Jesus, O Jesus, Do you know Him today?
Do not turn Him away!
O Jesus, O Jesus, Without Him
How lost I would be

Without Him, I would be dying, 
Without Him I’d be enslaved;
Without Him Life would be hopeless - 
But with Jesus, Thank God I’m saved. 

Jesus, O Jesus, Do you know Him today?
Do not turn Him away!
O Jesus, O Jesus, Without Him
How lost I would be...

~written by Mylon R. Lefevre
I cry, I get really tense, I get sentimental...then amazingly I feel the tender arms of Jesus just wrap all around me and hold me up. I need to, my children watch every facial expression, hear my words and reactions. They must see Jesus in all of this. 
Many scriptures have been my sustenance for living. God's Word is ALIVE; God has challenged me to just simply Trust His Word...the Word I have ministered to 100's in my life, the Word I have fed to my own children. TRUST THE WORD OF GOD! 

Secondly; can't stop living. Lately, because of really difficult, hurtful trials from pastoring certain churches life has slowly seeped out of my spirit. The past few years God has been restoring it. This past month though I told the Lord I really want to live again. Really LIVE...be who He created me to be. For Daneille that is bubbly, free spirited, creative, driven and always laughing and making others laugh. In that...REACHING OUT even during this 'pain' is helping me to live again. It's not hard to have people over, write them, send a note or whatever! Just reach out...in the store, doctors office; ask people how are they doing. Look in their eyes and get this now: LISTEN! Live the Life of Jesus before others!
Tightening the Grip on family; Friends are wonderful and essential and I am grateful to be surrounded by some wonderful brothers and sisters in Christ who are great friends. Yet, the most important people in our lives are our family. Your spouse is numero uno, REALLY! The children come to a whoppin dos. Then the extended family must follow after. We have our meals together, my son does attend college and works. Yet, for the most part...we are together. We play together, work together, as home schoolers we school together, study God's Word together! Most importantly...we do PRAY together. Remember that old quote: "A family that prays together, stays together." Guess what...it's true!

So, I know I am not alone facing the most difficult trial I have ever faced. I will be quite honest with you my friend...when my eyes gets focused on this storm I get scared. I do not want God to take my young 47 yr. old husband home. Then, I feel those arms of my loving Saviour again...instantly at that moment;  my eyes roll right back up to His Sweet Face. 

I have said this so many times...it's my earthly father's theme for his life and I stoled it: "ALL IS WELL, When Placed in Jesus' Hands!" Gotta keep it there. [The vision statement for a Christian's life.]

If you have a need or want to share with me what is happening in your life...feel free to do so. I would absolutely love to hear from you.

Pray for us: Healing, Open Doors of More Ministry (& supply for those doors), Ravens of Supply (we do need it not having any income...but God is so faithful), Strength and Favor.

Lord bless,

Daneille Le Anna Gray Snowden

God Leads Us Along Day by Day Danniebelle.wmv

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing from your heart....you are such a blessing!! I don't know how you guys do it....well I do....only through the strength of Jesus Christ our Lord!! I am holding your sweet family up in prayer daily & I just wish I was close so I could help out in any way possible!! Love you all Lori Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lori! You have such a gift of encouragement, I know I can always count on your prayers and kind & loving words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleveland just called and they cannot take our insurance. So, our Card. nurse went home sick...but she and Dr. Shema will call Chicago to see if there is a surgeon who does this surgery. It has to be in IL. After that...only our lovely Heavenly Father knows. Please do pray...He is a healing God, He opens doors and shuts them. 1 Day at a time. Thing is...Brad Snowden needs a touch now; each day more water retention.
    Through this Lord: We still say; "You are God, You are Great and worthy of all praise!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your heart here:







[PLEASE no spamers, I ask for respect to not leave your link to a site here. TY!]

Popular posts from this blog

FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES

7 FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS FOR CHURCHES Out of desperation creativity is birthed. I hope to add on to this post through the years. Churches love to give to dad's on Father's Day; sometimes this can be redundant and or expensive. A few short years ago we stepped out of the Evangelistic & Pioneer work to take a small church that is just great and out of the box. So, of course budget is minimal and I am 'it' when it comes to holiday decor and gifting ideas & doing them. The 4 gifts that my family and I put together are as follows:                       POPCORN/CANDY/MOVIE  We placed microwave popcorn, candy bar and a special Father's Day poem inside a popcorn bag.  FRAMED ART FROM LOCAL ARTIST/MINISTER  (Rev. Paul Gray)  MADE THIS INTO A FRAME & ADDED A PEN.                                             MINI GIFTS WRAPPED IN A HANKIE Pocket knife, Voice of the Martyrs Pendant  & candy! Al

LET US TRUST THE PROCESS OF PRUNING

Did you ever read this verse in John 15:2 and think, "that's extreme, can't we just hold onto these extra branches that grew once and bore amazing, fruit?" I have definitely !   Then life happens! In that life, we make a decision to dig deeper in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Yet, as we do, we face obstacles (or that's what we called them) that challenged us to trust Jesus to do what He wills in our lives.  I believe this place is a milestone in the timeline of our lives. Will we continue to walk ever so close to the Lord, realizing as we do, He will prune us? Will we desire to be producers of His fruit and life flow through us? Many of us realize that this means more obstacles, cuts, bleeding, times of dormancy and simple hurt.  This is when the milestone comes; will we accept this pruning and be fruitful or just become branches that become brittle, and ragged?  A lot of questions to ponder, but I feel God wants to use each and everyone of His children in o

Thank You For Asking

(c)Daneille Gray Snowden 2022 Today, I was deeply touched in my heart when a dear friend asked how my husband was. I did not mention it first, out of the blue; she asked about something dear to my heart. This wasn't the first time as she has  asked about different matters in my life several times. May I tell you how that made me feel? It made me feel cared for, loved and set back how someone cares intensely about me and my life. How often do you personally experience such care and interest from others? And, as I ask myself this too; how often do we reach out and ask others how they are? When people as a whole reach out in such a way, we see the creation power of God as hearts are connected to one another and a strong foundation is beginning to be built for a lasting relationship.  I love it when I hear conversations in church  or in my home when I  listen to their questions of wanting to learn of others situations, experiences, needs and even joys. The questioner is totally focused